Thread: how to use inclinometer??

Thanks

Default how to use inclinometer??

I bought a inclinometer but dont no how to use it.

im from Bankstown NSW and on lyngsat it shows

OPTUS D2
    Azimuth & elevation in Bankstown, Australia: 1.7° & 50.6°

how do i get my elevation to be 50.6?? where do i place the incinometer on the dish?? and wats azimuth 1.7? mean?
    *i got this inclinometer, i tried placing it like the pic but elevation not 50.6, more like 57degree or something..

*My satellite is currently on Optus D2, i placed it all over the dish but dont see 50.6degree on the inclinometer??

can someone show me how to properly use this inclinometer to get the elevation of the dish, im planning to install a new satellite dish at my parents but still dont no how to get the elevation correctly. i assume after the elevations correct i just need to move the dish left to right try to aim at the correct Optus D2 satellite?
    Last edited by kspec; 09-09-12 at 08:12 PM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 1,066 Posts

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by kspec View Post
    I bought a inclinometer but dont no how to use it.

im from Bankstown NSW and on lyngsat it shows

OPTUS D2
    Azimuth & elevation in Bankstown, Australia: 1.7° & 50.6°

how do i get my elevation to be 50.6?? where do i place the incinometer on the dish?? and wats azimuth 1.7? mean?
    *i got this inclinometer, i tried placing it like the pic but elevation not 50.6, more like 57degree or something..

*My satellite is currently on Optus D2, i placed it all over the dish but dont see 50.6degree on the inclinometer??

can someone show me how to properly use this inclinometer to get the elevation of the dish, im planning to install a new satellite dish at my parents but still dont no how to get the elevation correctly. i assume after the elevations correct i just need to move the dish left to right try to aim at the correct Optus D2 satellite?
    G'Day Cobber.
    For a single Satellite install, you don't need an Inclinometer.
    However it's great for setting up a Prime Focus Dish.
    Ku band dishes are typically offset around 25 Degrees.
    You set your elevation on the mast bracket which allows for the Offset.
    I recommend a clamp below it to stop it slipping down on the mast.
    With your decoder set to an active Transponder on D2 that's different to nearby Satellites, D1, D3/C1 and IS8, then with your dish pointing roughly TRUE North, very slowly swing the dish to the East about 10 degrees to get a signal, then fine tweak Azimuth, Elevation and Skew when satisfied that you are on the right bird.

Kindest Regards, " The Druid ".

Last edited by beer4life; 09-09-12 at 10:21 PM.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Every offset Ku dish I have seen of that type has the elevation markings on the plates where it attatches to the mast.
    However the 1.8m Prodeline dish I have has a specific place on the underside for the use of an inclinometer which I made up with a kids school protractor, a lead fish weight and a shoe lace,worked too.
    Both of the Ipstar Internet dishes (different shape) have the elevation marks stamped on the mounting brackets.
    On a Centre feed dish, dont you mount it on the edge of the dish?
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

Thnx for the replies, i installed it yesterday without inclinometer and it only took 1min to hit D2. Pretti straight forward moved left right up down hahaha

• The Following User Says Thank You to kspec For This Useful Post:

beer4life (11-09-12)