Thread: File transfer internaly.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Default File transfer internaly.

I downloaded a video onto the internal 16GB memory instead of the TF card and I would like to transfer it onto the TF card.
    I cant see anything in the book relating to the transferring of files which I am sure must be an option so any assistance will be greatfuly received.

This is the Android tablet sold by Aldi just recently and while there might be different wording for such options on different makes, I am hoping the same principle applies.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Can you see the contents (Eg: the file) in the internal drive?

If yes, can't you just copy and paste it to another drive, or your card?

Thanks

download "file manager hd"
    should be in the app store
    makes things a little easier for viewing copying deleting ect on sd cards and usb ect

Premium Member

Thanks

lets call it MovieXYZ saved on the internal memory.
    I can click on it and play it or I can open a 'box' to edit it like save,rename, copy and paste.
    If I click on send, it asks me how, like use skype,facebook,bluuetooth or gmail.
    If I open the edit after selecting the movieXYZ, I get the option to copy which says 'File Copy, select path and paste..........and then that blinks off.
    What annoys me is there is no detail as to what these icons do or how to use them.

mickc, try anything once.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

When you press and hold you see the Edit, copy, etc options. Select Copy. Then using your file explorer go to the folder on your SD card you want the file to be copied to. Then press and hold anywhere in empty space and select Paste. It should copy the file over.

Premium Member

Thanks

Sorry, but I cheated !!!!
    After an hour of headbanging and getting nowhere, I removed the TF card from the Tablet, putit in the reader, connected to the computer, found and copied the file that way to the TF card.
    Thanks to all.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 Times in 929 Posts

Did the Aldi unit also give you a tf card adapter? I've had to buy an adapter for mine.

Thanks

bet it was an XXX movie Gordon

Premium Member

Thanks

Viewer, No adaptor as it takes a TF (Micro SD card) but it wouldnt have mattered as I have 3 cases already, one I bought because I misread the damn sale.
    If the one you have (Tablet) takes a standard sized SD card, I would not buy a TF card and adaptor as I have found the TF card isnt always accepted by the devise to record on.
    The Video cam doesnt like the TF card at all.
    When I knew this Tablet was coming up for sale, I bought a 16GB TF card only in anticpation but I would have used it for something anyway in a mobile phone etc.
    And NOOOO johnwinger, it wasnt an X,XX,XXX or a XXXX movie unfortunately but a Micheal Bolton 2005 Music Video that we have on DVD and I put it on the Tablet for my wife.
    He's alright but he doesnt blow my candles out.

I must say after taking some 2 hrs & 30 mins to join a video (2 parts) I took of a stage show and then converting it from AVI to MP4 which took another 12 HOURS using Any Video Convertor (dont anyone dare tell me the Tablet would have played it as an AVI file or I will KEEEEEL you !!!)
    I have come slowly to the conclusion that doing this is fairly time consuming to say the least.
    Its been fun working it out and with a lot of help from the forum, I have learnt a lot.
    It would be bloody less time consuming to buy a cheapo portable DVD player and use it in the car to keep the 'Light of my Life' entertained when we travel or if she wants some 'Quiet Time'.
    I had nothing better to do and this has earned me some 'Brownie' points so it was worth it.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 17-09-12 at 02:10 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

I bought a 16gb tif card with mine to boost it up to 32 gb. I didn't realize I needed an adapter to get that small card to read in my pc, as it only reads sd cards, hence the need too buy an adapter for myself.

My tablet plays AVI,RM/RMVB,FLV,MPEG-1,MPEG-2,MKV(H.264 HP), out the box
    Last edited by viewer; 17-09-12 at 03:11 PM. Reason: last bit

• The Following User Says Thank You to viewer For This Useful Post:

marty 17 (17-09-12)

Premium Member

Thanks

Sorry viewer, I misunderstood what you meant there.
    I have a Card reader as my old desktop doesnt 'do' cards.
    I already had a reader but needed a new one capable of reading SDHC cards when I bought the first one some time ago.
    But as I said, some devises that use the standard size SD card dont like the use of the adaptor which is a bit annoying.
    I dont think using an external card 'ADD's to the internal memory as I have to select which one I want to read/use.
    This unit has 1GB as RAM, 16GB 'internal' memory and now the TF card.
    I take it the 1GB of ram is for processing/running programs with the other 2 memory locations your 'storage'.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 17-09-12 at 05:27 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

Yep gordon...mine the same specs, and yes the 1gb ram is what it works on.

Fun times for both of us hey!

Thanks

Is there a chance that you can connect these tablets to the pc with a usb cable. If so you may able to see the micro sd card under my computer and no need for an adapter or card reader.

Banned
    Thanks

joezep...yes have done that to get data onto the hard drive, but not tried sending it to the card directlty...will try to give it a go and see what happens...report back asap

Premium Member

Thanks

I have done that with Videos, one went to the TF card, the other went to the internal (SD) card, in each case the videos were about 1.2GB and took around 25 minutes.
    It was through 'Send'ing one to the internal memory that started this THREAD as I wanted them both on the external card.
    It was my fault as I didnt choose the correct destination.
    Note I use the term 'internal memory (SD)' card as thats how its described in the instructions.

One advantage of using a card reader is you dont have to turn the Tablet on or tie up both while transfering files.
    You could be outside sitting in the warm sun using the Tablet or even down at your local free 'Hot Spot' reading the Austech Forums, the options are endless.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 18-09-12 at 11:40 AM.