Thread: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 16 gb Android 4

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Default Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 16 gb Android 4

I have one of these (first generation) and as samsung havent coughed up with a version of Android 4 for Australia, i installed the uk android 4 version.

Its well worth doing and quite easy if anyone has one and wants to have a crack at doing it.
    The only annoying thing was I lost root access and had to root it a second time.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity View Post
    I have one of these (first generation) and as samsung havent coughed up with a version of Android 4 for Australia, i installed the uk android 4 version.

Its well worth doing and quite easy if anyone has one and wants to have a crack at doing it.
    The only annoying thing was I lost root access and had to root it a second time.
    Nice can i ask why did you install the UK Version ?? what benefits do you get with the uk rom ???

Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 1,132 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TH3ORY View Post
    Nice can i ask why did you install the UK Version ?? what benefits do you get with the uk rom ???
    because there is no Australian version available for download ATM
    When you do things right, people won't be sure that you have done anything at all

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Yes as b4l mentioned, Samsung havent released an update for this device for Australia.

Probably more the point I am trying to make is that updating android devices is quite easy, and if your device doesnt have an upgrade available there are generally updates from other countries or custom roms available.

For example I have an HTC Desire HD phone that HTC promised would have an android 4 update. They then changed their minds and said they wont be doing it. Luckily a custom rom was released by an enthusiast based on android 4 from a Nexus phone which works great.

Also if you buy a phone and it is chock a block full of bloatware crap from a phone provider that cant be removed, you can flash a version without all the provider rubbish (like we have on optus, telstra,vodafone units).

Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 1,132 Posts

I love living on the edge of using custom ROMs and different version ROMs

That rush you get before she boots up and she is not bricked LOL
    When you do things right, people won't be sure that you have done anything at all