Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No ABC

Thanks

Alrighty yep sorry mate I know sometimes it can be the most simplest of problems but not in this instance. So I spoke to UEC and explained issue and they have said that some boxes lo and behold have had issues not being able to pick up ABC streams being on the 12607 and 12647 so return time. I will still try another box when I get my new shippment of boxes in just to make 100% but looks like its a dud. Thanks for your help again. This forum is full of very helpful people

Banned
    Thanks

That's what we can't understand you said that you have tried 3 boxes

Thanks

But I said Im not counting that as Ive improved the signal from 40-50 to over 80% from when I had all 3 boxes there. I wil test another box with the improved signal to make 100% sure. Sorry Im trying to respond to everyones replies and it all seems a bit jumbled. Once again thanks for your help.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 Times in 929 Posts

Good luck, as we are all interested in the outcome. Post back when time permits.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Dont waste time replying directly to anything I post unless by some miracle I nail the problem (fat chance) and there's a prize involved.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

budgey (15-10-12),OSIRUS (20-11-12)

Thanks

haha

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,078 Times in 6,766 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by budgey View Post
    But I said Im not counting that as Ive improved the signal from 40-50 to over 80% from when I had all 3 boxes there. I wil test another box with the improved signal to make 100% sure. Sorry Im trying to respond to everyones replies and it all seems a bit jumbled. Once again thanks for your help.
    Yes, but given you said all three boxes had the same problem.. no ABC, then it would be reasonable to expect them to all still be the same.

You said lopping trees and making dish/LNB alignment adjustments resulted in a hugh increase in signal quality, so obviously there were additional issues with signal than just a possible decoder fault.

Perhaps the signal path is still partly obstructed?

On that subject, where are the other two boxes?

If you have sold/installed them, have they decided to work OK when installed on another dish/LNB?

Can you test the 'faulty' box on another known-working dish/LNB at another location?
    Last edited by mtv; 16-10-12 at 12:28 AM.

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

Hey budgey did you get a resolution on this issue, would be nice to know what happened after all this speculation?
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Thanks

Hi guys ive been on hiatus lots of installs and computer repairs but manged to fix my problem. The orginal install had a splitter which I found after digging thru a very small crawl space. I didnt think there was one as the orginal installer had extra ends at the dish for each of the unused sockets. why he used a splitter after running 3 cables I dont know. Anyways just as I was about to call it quits I went searching as its a brand new house which has virtually no roof cavity (all the rage at moment). The splitter had 2 inputs H and v and what does vast run on f*&%king Vertical the idiot had put the dish input thru H which explains why I got everything under 12607 except 12607 12647 itself (ABC). Changed and bam ABC.
    Last edited by budgey; 18-11-12 at 09:03 PM.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to budgey For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (20-11-12),Smacca (18-11-12),Tiny (19-11-12)

Thanks

Thanks everyone I shoulda got up in there in the first place but I "assumed" something and Ive been a tradie long enough not to ever assume anything god I felt like a knob

Banned
    Thanks

Well that's nice to see you reply and more so that you have sorted the problem out.

Thanks

Haha I only solved it today which is also the reason for lack of reply what a bug bear I tell you. The last hairy one I had I think MTV helped out it was a 3 box setup with foxtel and aurora box on one splitter and an aurora box by itself. Finally figured out thru advice from here that foxtel being 18v has predecence over aurora being 13v changed the config and viola. Has to be one of the last decent help sites around without smart ass'es or condecending know it alls. Once again cheers to all that take their time to help. Ill try to repay the favour aybe not so much satellite maybe in computer section

Premium Member

Thanks

Haha I only solved it today which is also the reason for lack of reply what a bug bear I tell you. The last hairy one I had I think MTV helped out it was a 3 box setup with foxtel and aurora box on one splitter and an aurora box by itself. Finally figured out thru advice from here that foxtel being 18v has predecence over aurora being 13v changed the config and viola. Has to be one of the last decent help sites around without smart ass'es or condecending know it alls. Once again cheers to all that take their time to help. Ill try to repay the favour aybe not so much satellite maybe in computer section
    Firstly there seems to be 2 seperate threads on this and reading the above doesnt make sense as you cannot run a Foxtell/Austar stb and an Aurora stb together as PayTV is mainly Horizontal and Aurora/Vast are strictly Vertical unless its via a Multiswitch, not a combiner/splitter.
    UNLESS? you turn the foxtel stb LNB power OFF so that only the vertical Aurora powers the LNB and you loose channels on the Foxtel stb?? is that possible ??
    Is that how they do it in single dish multi install buildings where 'Not all services available'?
    Also, that 'other Aurora box by itself' errrr ,,, where? separate cable to a dual LNB?
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

Dont go there again. I seperated the foxtel and put it on its own from a dual LNB and had the 2 aurora on the other. original config was foxtel and aurora with a non powered splitter and the aurora wasnt working and the other aurora was on its own from the dual lnb. Old lady had the setup for years and never bothered to find out why the guest house stb never worked until she asked me to have a look. I used it as an example of how helpful people were that was ages ago.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to budgey For This Useful Post:

gordon_s1942 (21-11-12),Tiny (20-11-12)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

Dont go there again. I seperated the foxtel and put it on its own from a dual LNB and had the 2 aurora on the other. original config was foxtel and aurora with a non powered splitter and the aurora wasnt working and the other aurora was on its own from the dual lnb. Old lady had the setup for years and never bothered to find out why the guest house stb never worked until she asked me to have a look. I used it as an example of how helpful people were that was ages ago.
    I agree lets not go there.

I remember reading that thread & how MTV successfully talked you thru it, well done.

Well done also for tracking down the prob you had with ABC on this thread & thank you for coming back & letting us in on the result.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Thanks

budgey : is there a DiSEqC switch in this cabling network. I recently had issues with VAST box / Strong box / DiSEqC switch. Make sure single cable comes from LNB to VAST box with LNB power on.

Cheers
    Hos Here

Thanks

budgey , glad you found the prob.

Cheers
    Hos Here

Thanks

budgey , I can relate to your problems - it's amazing the things you find in roof cavities.

Hos Here

Premium Member

Thanks

budgey, sorry about the question but as you wrote it out, it just didnt make sense BUT as you have explained, what you ran into was a total headbanging disaster and trying to put into words doesnt always read the way its meant to.
    It so easy to understand why many prefer to start afresh with an installation if they cannot clearly see whats been installed before as another in the Digital TV forum eventually found out after chasing a signal problem after he moved house.
    I cant remember now if it was a splitter/cable or a non powered MHA (PS missing) located out of sight problem but again, not being visible had him chasing rainbows too.
    Would I be correct in thinking this escapade is now stored in your 'Repertoire of Disasters I have encounted'?
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 21-11-12 at 07:42 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

budgey (22-11-12)

Thanks

most definately :P

• Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast