Quote Originally Posted by budgey View Post
    most definately :P
    You broke it, so you fix it!!!!!

Thanks

Sorry mate Im not following you again

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

You didnt 'break it', someone else did so you couldnt fix it because you didnt know what they broke until you found what it was that was broken.
    And now it is fixed once you found what someone else broke which sounds reasonable to me.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

• The Following User Says Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

budgey (24-11-12)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 1,066 Posts

Smile

Sorry mate Im not following you again
    Sorry Cobber.
    The cold hard facts are that this is an 8 month old saga for the same customer spanning 3 threads, which you have claimed to fix each time.
    You were given the correct cause on the first reply, but despite many other replies along the same lines, you have not elucidated your solution!

Thread on 11/3/12 revisited.

Foxtel and Aurora with a splitter.

Originally Posted by budgey
    Hi. Ive tried to find a related article but with no luck. Im helping an elderly lady out with her setup.
    She currently has a UEC box in the house working fine. She has a cottage which a carer is moving into and she had a satellite point installed quite awhile ago. In the cottage she has a Arion AF3330 ( I did say awhile ago).
    Im actually a computer tech but I know enough about tv to setup or find out kinda guy. Ive managed to update the optus card (hadnt been used for a while) and tune into C1 and find all the channels.
    The issue Im having is all the foxtel channels have signal and over 90% quality but once I get to an Aurora channel I have signal and no quality. Ive set to 12407 30000 ver 2/3 and 12527 30000 ver 3/4 with signal and no quality. The UEC box inside has no issues and exactly the same signal but obvisouly over 90% quality and able to receive aurora channels.
    Ive also changed the LNB settings on the STB but to no avail universal 10700 11300 and so on.
    Im pretty sure she only has a single LNB with a splitter inline. Is there enough power to run both. If not then why do foxtel channels come up with signal and quality? Is there a setting Im missing on the Arion ( I dont think so as Ive tried all but maybe) Please help as Im trying to save her some money instead of getting a sat guy out. TIA

G'Day Cobber.
    A splitter is not your answer. You cannot independently control
    H & V channels.
    There are two options, a Multiswitch or a Twin LNB with separate cables to each outlet.
    H channels on Foxtel (18 V), override the V channels on Aurora (13 V).
    Edit: The LNB settings in each box must be the same as written on the LNB.

Kindest Regards, " The Druid ".

Seems you ruffled a few feathers on other forums with a comment like this.

Quote Originally Posted by budgey
    Has to be one of the last decent help sites around without smart ass'es or condecending know it alls.

Don't give up your day job!

Thanks

What the hell are you on? I dont think so mate you need to lay off the beers. I have no idea why its you think its the same problem its 2 different problems I used the old problem that I solved with help from people here as an example of how helpful people where on this site. And both problems are now solved. Why dont you read what the hell Im actually saying and you'll realise both problems are solved and both threads THAT I started were 2 totally different things with 2 TOTALLY different outcomes. How the hell can I ruffle feathers when Im saying thank you and that this is a great site without smart ass'es or know it alls. Far out.
    Last edited by budgey; 24-11-12 at 10:09 PM.

Thanks

I just read the other thread with no ABC are saying I started that under a guise? And I read the last reply and you said splitters dont have a H / V input. Attached is an image of what splitter was used and I changed the input from H to V and ABC worked so take it as gospel trust me. I dont have anything to do with old mate that started that thread. Dont you give up your day job mate.
    Last edited by budgey; 24-11-12 at 10:14 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    You didnt 'break it', someone else did so you couldnt fix it because you didnt know what they broke until you found what it was that was broken.
    And now it is fixed once you found what someone else broke which sounds reasonable to me.
    yeah but beerforlife is saying I broke it????????

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Without wishing to buy into this silly argument..... just to set the record straight....

Splitters don't have H & V inputs, but multiswitches do, the latter being what your link shows.

A splitter has no polarisation, it simply divides signal from its input to the number of outputs.

Splitters can pass power on one leg, or all legs, depending on the type used.

A splitter cannot provide H & V output simultaneously and the higher voltage passed to the LNB will take precedence.

Splitters also have considerable loss, especially those with more than two outputs.

A multiswitch on the otherhand compensates for insertion and distribution loss with a small amp, which often boosts the signal slightly at each output.

Each output on a multiswitch operates entirely independently from all other outputs and can select either H or V, regardless of polarisation selection of the other output ports.

Hopefully this helps with any confusion.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

budgey (26-11-12)

Thanks

Im not argueing The problem was I had no signal on transponders above 12607. I found that exact multi switch in the link I posted after a few trials and tribulations and changed the input from h to v and then the VAST box had signal above 12607.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 1,066 Posts

Wink

Im not argueing The problem was I had no signal on transponders above 12607. I found that exact multi switch in the link I posted after a few trials and tribulations and changed the input from h to v and then the VAST box had signal above 12607.
    That is what we've been trying to tell you all along. It is not a splitter.

Now you'll find you cannot get the H channels on Foxtel. Which most of them are.

Also it does not make sense about above 12607. A MS does not work that way.

The solution is to change the LNB to a Twin dual output 10700 LNB.
    That's 2 independent LNBs rolled into one and will give you independent operation on up to 8 decoders.
    You will only need one dish with a twin LNB to service the house and the guest annex.

LNB = Low Noise Block and is switchable 12/18 V for V/H Polarity.
    The 12 and 18 Volts are generated from either the 12V or 18V from any or all the connected decoders.
    So the only way you can change H/V is in the decoder Installation Menu for each and every Transponder.
    There are other types of M/S for other functions. eg: Various Universal LNBs

Thanks

Default Lost ABC channels!

Hi,
    Have a strange problem. Installed VAST box and all seemed to be well. The lady rang a week later and said she couldnt get ABC information for the channel would come up but no picture or sound.
    All other channel are fine and I have reset and rehit the box and card. Anyone else have this issue. She is in the south west area of WA (Margaret River) and I checked to see if ABC were doing any maintenance which they were but its been over 2 weeks now and others in the area have no trouble.
    Had a similar problem ,and found that the dish cable was going through a UEC Aurora box (to get some of the radio channels).When I connected the dish cable directly to the VAST box ,normal reception was restored! Funningly, ABC SE and ABC WA were received OK. Seemed to be only the OPTUS D3 signal that had been affected. I checked the signal strength and found (when everything was working normally) that the D3 beam was weaker than the C1.

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by braincon View Post
    Had a similar problem ,and found that the dish cable was going through a UEC Aurora box (to get some of the radio channels).When I connected the dish cable directly to the VAST box ,normal reception was restored! Funningly, ABC SE and ABC WA were received OK. Seemed to be only the OPTUS D3 signal that had been affected. I checked the signal strength and found (when everything was working normally) that the D3 beam was weaker than the C1.
    That's strange, D3 is a way stronger signal than the old C1 sat. Sure you haven't got that arse about?
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

I run a UEC VAST stb through a Humax and because its all Vertical I havent had any problems.
    While I havent bothered nor have suitable equipment to test, I have been under the impression that D3 does have a stronger signal than C1.
    I am wondering if somewhere along the line between the LNB and the STB's there may be a problem, even the LNB might need 'tweeking' to get the best from D3.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

• Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234