Thread: Sports club logo

Thanks

Default Sports club logo

Hey there

I need to know how to legally use an image that I have found on the net for a sports logo.

Whats the best way to purchase the rights to use a picture??

Where do I go??

please help - I want to make sure I am doing everything correct

cheers

f
    有段者

Look Here ->

Thanks
    Thanked 1,150 Times in 576 Posts

I guess the only thing you can do is look for a copyright notice on the webpage/website where the image came from, failing that you could contact the webmaster of the site, and ask who owns the rights to the image and how you can contact them?

You need to get permission from the owner/copyright holder in writing to use the image and it would need to be a document that will stand up in court if need be; whether they choose to charge a fee for this permission, or even deny permission, is entirely up to them but make sure the document giving you this permission clearly identifies the legal entities of both parties be they a person or persons or a legal organization.

Note that for an organization to be a legal entity in itself it must be incorporated, a partnership or business name is not sufficient, in this case you would need to deal with the people that own the business.

You will also need to establish whether the person you're dealing with is the original copyright owner or just someone who also only holds the rights to display the image and if so whether they have the right to convey further rights to a third party; or even if they have the rights at all, they may have 'borrowed' the image from another source themselves!

Andrew

• The Following User Says Thank You to Bigfella237 For This Useful Post:

freakee1 (07-10-12)