Thread: What's the stability of Vu+ Duo Black Hole 1.7.8 and DVB-T, internal Hard Drive.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Default What's the stability of Vu+ Duo Black Hole 1.7.8 and DVB-T, internal Hard Drive.

Just after some feedback on the stability. I've had to reload the backup after a couple of days. It would boot up to a terrestrial channel and just have the busy circle spinning around becuase the box is busy and it doesn't stop. You could change channels either. I even had issues with latest OpenPLi where it was running slow a couple of days later.
    I don't know if it's something to do with trying touse the Webif.
    What's others experience?

Leroy
    Last edited by LeroyPatrol; 09-10-12 at 09:07 PM.
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Look Here ->
    A little bit of everwhere, Cairns, PNG, U.S.
    Thanks

I've just unboxed a Vu+Duo running Blackhole 1.7.8 with a ton of extensions, and it crashes randomly every few minutes. I'm typically doing nothing, just watching a show, then it'll crash. Usually around 5-10 minutes after a reboot. I had a difficult time uninstalling plugins, but even after doing that, the OS still crashed. The only plugins I left on were OpenwebIf and WebInterface ... in the past crossEPG crashes my box with OpenPLI.

Thanks

loaded OpenPLI on it, and it hasn't crashed yet. Of course it also hasn't been able to scan all the transponders yet either, but, it hasn't crashed, which leads me to think the plugins in the default black hole image were to blame.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gimpel View Post
    loaded OpenPLI on it, and it hasn't crashed yet. Of course it also hasn't been able to scan all the transponders yet either, but, it hasn't crashed, which leads me to think the plugins in the default black hole image were to blame.

after getting all transponders scanned, the 20121030 image of openPLI kernel 3.1.3 crashes reliably on any channel with almost NO plugins installed and no HD connected... within 5 minutes.

So I am now trying an older version of the kernel (2.0) to see if it's more reliable, after having read that kernel3 causes the VU+duo to crash.

So far, this is Three different OS's and three reliable crashing scenarios, all within minutes of booting up. Not ready to blame the HW yet though.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Strange....thats more crashes than I have had in 2 years.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,135 Times in 1,633 Posts

You boys should upload your crashlog to the developers so they can check it and make changes or suggestions.
    For BlackHole here >
    I'm using BlackHole 1.7.5 and find that pretty stable Leroy, but I'm not using a terrestrial tuner

Premium Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gimpel View Post
    after getting all transponders scanned, the 20121030 image of openPLI kernel 3.1.3 crashes reliably on any channel with almost NO plugins installed and no HD connected... within 5 minutes.

So I am now trying an older version of the kernel (2.0) to see if it's more reliable, after having read that kernel3 causes the VU+duo to crash.

So far, this is Three different OS's and three reliable crashing scenarios, all within minutes of booting up. Not ready to blame the HW yet though.
    It doesn't sound right. I haven't tried openpli, but I have used Blackhole and have been using the latest VTI for ages now. It never crashes. Be sure you load the bootloader update before installing later images.

Thanks

I've been using the sundtek and I've had a few issues and restored a backup a couple of times because the box would just sit there with the 'wheel' in the top LHS spinning. Without the sundek it's been running fine for a couple of weeks!

Leroy
    Last edited by LeroyPatrol; 03-11-12 at 10:45 PM.
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Premium Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    I've been using the sundtek and I've had a few issues and restored a backup a couple of times because the box would just sit there with the 'wheel' in the top LHS spinning. Without the sundek it's been running fine for a couple of weeks!

Leroy
    That's strange. That's the only case of I've heard of. Have you tried loading a fresh image and just installing the drivers for the Sundtek to make sure there's no plugin conflict? You could also update the Sundtek drivers and see if that helps. There are lots of people with Sundteks and that image version, so it sounds like a conflict or a driver issue. If it ends up being the tuner, assuming it's the one you got from me, I am happy to swap it for a replacement.

Thanks

Was running Blackhole for about 2 hours, and found it crashed a few times.. Ended up ditching it and running the latest VTi Image.. So far its looking really nice.. Runs up very smooth...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Rentakill For This Useful Post:

LeroyPatrol (07-11-12)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

I've found BH 1.7.8 to be the most stable and best image they have produced.
    Using it on Ultimo and Duo.... The Duo is walking all over the Ultimo for speed and stability.

I really have no idea what this talk of crashing is???
    I have not ever a problem myself....

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

weirdo (07-11-12)

Thanks

Are you using a DVB-T sub tuner as well?

......Leroy

Thanks

VuDuo using OpenVix3.0 build 405 (current) with a Avermedia TwinStar (AF9035 based dual DVB-T usb tuner). This image is one of those based on the OpenPLi3.0 image. It seems fairly stable... only issue is that a GUI restart messes up the DVB-T... you have to use a full reboot instead of a GUI restart. This is a fairly useful 4 tuner setup. Extra plugins installed are 1channel, Buyukbang Panel, MyTube*, OpenWebif & Sudoku. * This one I've edited to remove the TPM checks.

The sat tuners are looking at C1/D3 and D2 through separate dishes with a diseq switch, and the terrestrial tuners are just looking at the local digital TV suite. SCAM is used to decode @urora.

Thanks

No problem with GUI restart with my Sundtek DVB-T tuner - using OpenVix 3.0.404.

Thanks

Okay... very interesting. i've seen a few posts blaming the VuDuo kernel drivers for the GUI restart issue that I have. However, this problem didn't occur with ver2.1 and now you have advised that the Sundtek doesn't have an issue. Currently there is some work going on with the NIM manager by the OpenPLi devs... so maybe things will change.

cheers for the info.