Thread: emizon package

Thanks

Default emizon package

Looking for some feedback regarding the new Emizon communication package. I know it is new to the market place here, but has anyone had any experience with it yet they would like to share.

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

Looks like MCM are pushing it. It meets the standard, don't see why it wouldn't work well, MCM are pretty good as a manufacturer/supplier. Excellent after sales support. I have been working with IP Connect recently, might go in to Penrith and have a look tomorrow.

Thanks

Default If you are a competitor.... be worried !

Took the time to visit MCM's web site to get an update on where they are up to with Emizon and just love the warning they give...

If you are a competitor.... be worried !

Mmmm, anyway, more importantly I learned something new about what is in store for the Aussie telephone network. Just further down the page you will see the following claim...

Compatible with Australia's 21CN rollout

I for one did not know that there were any plans for 21CN in Australia and I would be interested to know how many of you guys knew about it.

For those of you that don't know what 21CN is, it basically involves ripping out the whole PSTN network and replacing it with an IP network. This is already underway in the UK.

For those of you with monitored lines, you will be assured by Telstra that they "SHOULD" continue to work. For those of us "in the know", you will find that they may work some of the time, but will not work 100% of the time.

Fun times ahead
    Developer of VoIP2Go at ozvoip.net - Alarm compatible VoIP Network

Thanks

Well Nutt, this would be the first time that you havent tried to promote your product while having a go at others. I'm impressed.

As a non manufacturer, I get a laugh from the many wild claims or the lack of clarification that are being made in all sorts of advertising by the various organisiations that I receive either by email or post. Some of the claims people make are straight out false and misleading and as intelligent human beings it is up to us to decifer what is fact and what is fiction. I don't see anything wrong with the statement your referring to, in fact I thought it was original and funny and it certainly would not affect my choice to use or not use the product if I wanted to.

Maybe I can help you with a one liner for your company steve.

"If your our competitors......stop laughing !"
    If you do happen to use it you can use it royalty free.

At the speed that the big T moves at, I would guess that it will be many many years before we see all of the proposed work carried out. They still stuggle putting in new lines for customers let alone new major surgery to the current network.
    I was told 15 years ago by a senior person in "T", that my street was getting fibre soon. I've still got the decayed and aged copper so who knows if it will ever happen. Soon can mean various time frames depending on who is selling the idea.
    I guess we all need to keep up with change or we would all be still riding horses to work and going to libraries to look up info in reference books.
    And another first, I do agree with you that fun times are ahead.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bss904 View Post
    Well Nutt, this would be the first time that you havent tried to promote your product while having a go at others. I'm impressed.
    Oh stop it - I'm blushing here.

As a non manufacturer, I get a laugh from the many wild claims or the lack of clarification that are being made in all sorts of advertising by the various organisiations that I receive either by email or post. Some of the claims people make are straight out false and misleading and as intelligent human beings it is up to us to decifer what is fact and what is fiction.
    You know, of all the IP/GPRS markets I deal with, Australian bureaus have by far the widest range of solutions available to them. Unfortunately, there is no love lost between the manufacturers and as I know only too well - there can be the odd public battle.

Maybe I can help you with a one liner for your company steve.

"If your our competitors......stop laughing !"
    Love it.

Thanks

Looks like the Emizon is the next Securitel, these guys are 21CN ready, as in Europe the 21CN has rolled out. It also got a Class 4 rating in Europe which is approx Class 5 in regards to the Australian standards.

Here are a few things I found with the Emizon.

1. Retro fits existing Securitel setups i.e The interface to the system.
    2. Dual path solution IP & GPRS, fully replicated.
    3. Compatible with 21CN
    4. Signals are managed end to end on both wired and wireless platforms.
    5. One touch commissioning (pretty cool for us techs)

Not promoting MCM in any way but if you guys look at what the impact of 21CN will be in Australia then yo will realise that this product will see us through the network overhaul without a hiccup.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by intelliGEORGE View Post
    Looks like the Emizon is the next Securitel
    Emizon was Securitel. These guys invented it when they were at British Telecom. The top management knew what was coming, got their heads together, developed Emizon and then quit BT.

Here are a few things I found with the Emizon.

1. Retro fits existing Securitel setups i.e The interface to the system.
    2. Dual path solution IP & GPRS, fully replicated.
    3. Compatible with 21CN
    4. Signals are managed end to end on both wired and wireless platforms.
    5. One touch commissioning (pretty cool for us techs)
    1. As most other IP/GPRS solutions
    2. As most other IP/GPRS solutions
    3. As most other IP/GPRS solutions
    4. There are pro's and con's to "managed solutions" - as forum regulars know
    5. Errr - no idea what one touch commissioning is. Can you educate me ?

Not promoting MCM in any way but if you guys look at what the impact of 21CN will be in Australia then yo will realise that this product will see us through the network overhaul without a hiccup
    .... but not without spending lot's of £'s - oops, I mean $'s

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IPAlarms View Post
    Emizon was Securitel. These guys invented it when they were at British Telecom. The top management knew what was coming, got their heads together, developed Emizon and then quit BT.

And is that a bad thing. I would of thought that it would give them a good stepping stone ahead into what is required and then what needs to be delivered to the industry. There must be more to this story because i'm sure BT would of been offered the oppertunity first. It would not be the first time that a large corporation got it wrong and failed to see what was around the corner.
    You surely can't begrudge these guys starting emizon and then wanting to make a few bucks can you. Remember if the product is crap then they would stand to loose heaps of money as well as their reputation. I could be wrong, but i don't think that would happen at this point given ther investment world wide to date. I guess only time will tell.

Originally Posted by intelliGEORGE
    Not promoting MCM in any way but if you guys look at what the impact of 21CN will be in Australia then yo will realise that this product will see us through the network overhaul without a hiccup

.... but not without spending lot's of £'s - oops, I mean $'s

Please explain. Who needs to spend lot's.

Thanks

And is that a bad thing.
    No - not at all.

There must be more to this story because i'm sure BT would of been offered the oppertunity first.
    I think so too - but nobody is saying anything.

Please explain. Who needs to spend lot's.
    Anyone who wants monitoring using the Emizon platform. I think it will be out of reach for most house owners but a strong player in the commercial sector.

Any idea of equipment prices and ongoing monitoring fees in Oz ?

Thanks

No - not at all.

I think so too - but nobody is saying anything.

Anyone who wants monitoring using the Emizon platform. I think it will be out of reach for most house owners but a strong player in the commercial sector.

Any idea of equipment prices and ongoing monitoring fees in Oz ?
    This forum is not the appropriate place to be discussing equiptment and monitoring costs unless you you use a industry standard cost which we don't. It is different for every person and organisation so why discuss it. It only will start people toughting for business and slandering others to get some business and i for one are all sick of the self promoting people here that need to sink to that level to earn a buck.

I have been doing a bit of analysis on some of my customers a/c's and using confirmed actuals and not best guess info, it has been a real eye opener from many perspectives. You need to base it across the full spectrum from large to small clients.
    I have used a model of 6 months worth of figures then add to that various scenarios of capital outlay on new equipment, installation costs and ongoing monitoring/service costs.
    Now compare that to the original monitoring costs and what your client thinks his cost is, what is his real ongoing cost of the solution he currently has in place.

Look at payback period of any new comms equipment required and what level of security he wants to attain and all i can say is what an eye opener.
    I have quite a few more in-depth comparisons to carry out yet and these are quite time consuming but it is a worth while exercise for yourself and your customers. It take time to collect the info ( itemised bills) from customers, cross reference it with raw data logs and actual cms event logs. From that you can see the sucessful, unsucessful, missed or multiple calls and what the client is paying for these calls due to being on differing plans and different carriers and i don't just mean what dials out on psdn either. Have a good look at any gsm backup units and disect all the costs for them as well. Another eye opener.
    There are other factors to be considered but i am not going to mention them as enough has been said previously by others with there own hidden agenders.
    After completing this go and have a chat with your customers and show then the end result. So far I have had a positive feedback and even thanks from the customers as they have never done any breakdowns of these real costs.

Thanks

This forum is not the appropriate place to be discussing equiptment and monitoring costs unless you you use a industry standard cost which we don't.
    True. I keep forgetting this is not a trade forum like the one I use in the UK.

Look at payback period of any new comms equipment required and what level of security he wants to attain and all i can say is what an eye opener.

So far I have had a positive feedback and even thanks from the customers as they have never done any breakdowns of these real costs.
    OK. I think what you are trying to say is that even though a particular solution may appear to be the "cheapest", it may actually end up costing the customer more in the long term.

As I have no idea of the cost of the various monitoring solutions in Oz, I cannot comment. What is clear though is that cost IS an important factor.

All the arguments so far have been of a technical nature and "My hammer is better than your hammer". Well, from what I've read, all the "hammers" available to us are very capable of doing the job. The question is - can our customers afford to buy them ?

Here's my 2 cents (and at todays rate - 2 penneth too )

If you are a bank (or politician) - the obvious answer is Yes.

If you are a medium sized business - the answer is probably Yes.

If you are a small business - debatable.

If you are a home owner/tenant - the answer is probably No.

The are a multitude of great products and solutions aimed at the "Yes's" and Emizon/MCM is one of them.

Little 'Ol IP Alarms products on the other hand are aimed squarely at the "No's". Sorry if I appear to be "sinking low to earn a buck", but that's the market segment that I have always tried to do my best for

Thanks

OK. I think what you are trying to say is that even though a particular solution may appear to be the "cheapest", it may actually end up costing the customer more in the long term.
    Not quite but close. The cost of a particular product might be in the mid range and run out costing the most long term with all factors considered.

As I have no idea of the cost of the various monitoring solutions in Oz, I cannot comment. What is clear though is that cost IS an important factor.
    Not quite again. Security costs money and you get what you pay for but, does paying the most get you most or paying the least give you the least. I thinks you will find that with all of the choices out there now you will need to decide what you want to achieve as the final end result and then the skill will be finding the correct solution to fit the choosen scenario medium to long term.
    Remember no client has an open chq book. I found when i showed them the real cost of their security and after the initial shock sunk in they excepted it. The real secret now is to fine tune their setups to reduce costs and if possible increase security to a higher level and even consider change of some equipment although it will cause an increase of captal outlay short term.

All the arguments so far have been of a technical nature and "My hammer is better than your hammer". Well, from what I've read, all the "hammers" available to us are very capable of doing the job. The question is - can our customers afford to buy them ?
    You left out we make the best hammer, our hammer is the market leader, your hammer doesn't work, our hammer will crush your hammer, we have had our hammer independantly tested, Our customers luve our hammer etc etc.
    You are wrong when you think that all hammers can do the job. They can only do the job for what they were designed for.
    Customers certainly can afford to buy a hammer, whether they buy the correct one for the job is another matter. You can only advise and hope they are smart enough to get the right one.

Little 'Ol IP Alarms products on the other hand are aimed squarely at the "No's". Sorry if I appear to be "sinking low to earn a buck", but that's the market segment that I have always tried to do my best for
    At least you have accepted your fate and are not trying to tell us that you are the market leader in hammers now.

By the way i can sugest another use for your hammer if your interested.

Thanks

By the way i can sugest another use for your hammer if your interested.
    Wife already tried - didn't fit !!

Thanks

Old thread I know but has one trialled a few of these units?

Do they work properly or do you have to leave the fault outputs disconnected like certain other units?
    Does it have its own psu/box or is it board only and external powersupply?
    Anyone got the tech specs in PDF as havn't been able to get them out of MCM.

Thanks

Some info on here.

Sign up and you can get access to some tech info on this site or call mcm and they will send you some. Controlrooms set up for emizon can give you info as well.

Thanks

Maybe Emizon and MCM know something that we don't in the following statement...

"Compatible with Australia's 21CN rollout"

Err - forgive me if I'm wrong, but Telstra have invested heavily in ADSL2+ and turned their back on BT's 21CN platform....

Maybe Emizon still consider Australia as being part of the British Empire and think BT own the telecom infrastructure ?

Thanks

Well I know for certain they are rolling out FTTN, which in a way is similar. As of July last year to be exact. I am finding more and more of my customers having problems with dial-up as the FTTN steam roller chugs along.
    Last edited by intelliGEORGE; 17-10-08 at 01:00 AM. Reason: FTTN: Fibre to the Node

Thanks

The following paragraph from the above online article pretty much sums up Telstra's approach:

"BT is talking about delivering VoIP to an entire nation, but Telstra is so eager to protect its fixed-line cash cow that it has yet to offer VoIP services to its customers: defying both international trends and the inevitable weight of progress.
    "

You guys down under are way ahead of most developed countries as far as monitoring over GPRS goes but way behind on the uptake of alarm monitoring over the Internet. Not hard to understand why.

Thanks

We may be behind at the moment, but remember, we have just recently had the ADSL and GPRS products launched, most companies in partner ship with their CMS have chosen their product.

Can't talk for anyone else, but we are using ADSL Reporting products
    Combined with GPRS of course.