Thread: VAST Error message E19-4

Thanks

Default VAST Error message E19-4

Hi. Have had a problem with one of my clients, where VAST said 'encrypted channel' and would not display. The voice over was fine - VAST is moving SBS etc. The problem eventually rectified itself. Today, I had the same problem with error code E19-4 'The subscription to this channel has expired'. (the DSD 4121 was in standby showing the time, but had not been used for weeks). Googled Mysattv and it seems that this is a security issue! and if you leave the STB on for an hour or so, it will fix itself - or you can reinstate your card number, which is what I did, and it came back on almost immediately. Great, but this is an area subject to blackouts and often the power will switch back on and off several times before resuming, and, assuming you have brought your laptop, has poor internet connectivity. Following the TV manufacturers instructions, I have been recommending that when people are away, they switch off all appliances and most do switch off at the mains as they may not be back for a week/month or more. Too bad, if you drive for two hours or more, and arrive to watch the footie final. Another %$#@&^ for VAST! Cheers.

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

For the punters that don't know, here's the website you can go to to give your card a hit.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tasman View Post
    or you can reinstate your card number, which is what I did, and it came back on almost immediately.
    Gidday. By reinstate your card number do you mean re-hitting it through the web? If so, any idea how long this takes to effect the card and does this work after hours -- I guess that it would be an automated process?

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

With Aurora there was a number you rang and your were advised to enter the Smart Card number using the phone key pad which is a good reason to have the number written down handy to save having to try and extract the damn thing from the STB.
    That service was totally automated and operated 24/7 so the 'Hit' was reasonably fast.
    Didnt Austar have that as an option too?
    The UEC doesnt like being on 'Standby' too long or on the same channel for a few days (week or 2?) either it seems.
    I had to do a reset yesterday when I tried to use the EPG after the UEC had sat on one channel for several days and I got the encrypted error message but it went after about 30 seconds.
    Power outages happen anytime everywhere and are not just limited to a single occasion but the power may try to reset at least twice before going off until the fault is rectified.
    Sometimes the outage has no effect but the next may need the STB to be reset.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tasman View Post
    Too bad, if you drive for two hours or more, and arrive to watch the footie final. Another %$#@&^ for VAST! Cheers.
    Well I can't say I agree with that because our 2 boxes are in standby overnight and that doesn't happen here.

One other thing you may like to try is when you get an error code try changing the channel this usually fixes the problem.

Thanks

Hi. Should clarify. The client's box could be switched off for a week/month between weekend visits. My box was on standby, however, though not used for the last month. Did a rescan/switch off at the mains and reboot/ remove and replace card/changed channels etc, etc. MySatTv (thanks for puting that address in) was practically instantaneous, but the other MySat option of leaving the box on for an undetermined time is not reasonable. They themselves, state that this may be a common problem for travellers who have not used their box for some time, due to the security in the smartcard expiring. Cheers.
    Edit. transit - it would appear that the reactivation on MySat is 24/7. I did it at c2230hrs.
    Last edited by Tasman; 14-10-12 at 10:31 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Tasman For This Useful Post:

transit (15-10-12)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

Hi Tasman, probably not related to your error message, however you & your clients may come across this at some time. There is a bug in the software that generates error messages of all sorts when the UEC is left in standby for long periods.

UEC have replicated what I reported thanks to Smacca & intend to fix it in the next Firmware version.

You can read about it here,
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

• The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

Tasman (16-10-12)