Thread: Viano 32" HD LCD issue, maybe one for the TV Gurus

Thanks

Default Viano 32" HD LCD issue, maybe one for the TV Gurus

Hi

i purchased one of these Viano 32" LCD HD for the spare room from an internet wholesale site where my niece works so i got a very good deal on it.

problem is when i pulled it out of box and turned it on it had a pixel wide line running up n down screen on left edge this line is purple-ish ive drawn a line on the picture above to simulate this

anyway i rang my niece and explained the prob, she said she would be credited for it so another one was sent today

the thing is she informed me i could keep the original one as well as they do not repair they simply replace, of course joe blow wouldnt get this deal they would have to send it back to prove fault, she trusts me obviously so its not required.

now i have a new tv with a purple line and a new replacement on the way

but what to do with problem child above

1st off i thought just stick some black electrical tape down the side to cover the line and use it for the grandkids ps3 they have here, or maybe keep it for parts for the replacement unit should they be needed down the track

or

it may be an easy fix, seeing as it was sent to me via courier it may have had a bump and jarred something

this is where i need help, does it sound like a dud panel to anyone?

all i know is i dont know, i haven't pulled the back off yet, i am waiting for the replacement to arrive

any thoughts?

appreciate it

NS
    Last edited by NoService; 24-10-12 at 08:52 PM.
    The Early Bird May Get The Worm But Its The Second Mouse That Gets The Cheese!

Look Here ->
    Thanks

That type of fault I've seen several time on LCD monitors & its always been a faulty panel.
    take the cover off, get model of the LCD panel & do a search, they might be using a common brand & may not be as expensive as you think.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,106 Times in 490 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NoService View Post
    Hi

the thing is she informed me i could keep the original one as well as they do not repair they simply replace, of course joe blow wouldnt get this deal they would have to send it back to prove fault, she trusts me obviously so its not required.

this is where i need help, does it sound like a dud panel to anyone?

all i know is i dont know, i haven't pulled the back off yet, i am waiting for the replacement to arrive

any thoughts?

appreciate it

NS
    I have never heard of in my 31 years in the TV business any supplier allowing you to keep a defective product and suppling a replacement! If this were the case you could provide bogus images from another TV and claim a replacement. This is clearly panel failure of TAB ICs and needs to be replaced under warranty. Let us know if you can keep it as I will buy 100 and claim all of them as faulty
    "The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom." - Issac Asimov

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TVguy View Post
    This is clearly panel failure of TAB ICs and needs to be replaced under warranty. Let us know if you can keep it as I will buy 100 and claim all of them as faulty
    Not always panel have had the flat lead from main PCB to Tcon need to be re seated on new led /lcd under warranty with same problem, 2 last month a Samsung and a TCL the rest, the panel was at fault

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CHRISS View Post
    Not always panel have had the flat lead from main PCB to Tcon need to be re seated on new led /lcd under warranty with same problem, 2 last month a Samsung and a TCL the rest, the panel was at fault
    something to think about and look at, nice....thanks

I have never heard of in my 31 years in the TV business any supplier allowing you to keep a defective product and suppling a replacement
    me either, but if you have read the post entirely you may of noticed its my niece i am dealing with at the supplier, so proof is my word!

thanks for the input tho

NS
    The Early Bird May Get The Worm But Its The Second Mouse That Gets The Cheese!