Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will we ever be able to have a conversation with animals?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

The bird looked at him and said, "Hi, Bob!"
    My friend lives in Bidwell. The most common thing the bird says is "Open up, Police !"
    Last edited by trash; 04-11-12 at 04:46 PM.
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Thanks

Gorilla's can be taught to sign

Thanks

Hi. My old dog, gone these past two long years, would come into the bedroom in the morning and push his cold nose under my neck to get me up. Somewhat annoyed, I said "Come back in half an hour". Bugger me, he came back in exactly thirty minutes! This then occured every morning and the half an hour was within a couple of minutes. At night he would get up, have a shake, then look up at the clock and go and get his lead. Work it out. I had the most intelligent dog in the world, or, I wanted to believe it!
    Interestingly, we had an African Grey parrot which my uncle brought back from Africa. When we sat down at table, it would make the sounds of ice (two cubes only) being dropped in a glass then the gurgle, gurgle of the whisky being poured on top. Cheers! But what made you think that it had some form of humour, was that it would imitate the phone ringing ony if you were not present.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

Animals can learn heaps of stuff and it can be hard to say if it is intelligence or just instinctive behaviour patterns.

The Siamese cat that "saved" my life would also wake me up when it is time for work but knew when it was week end and let me sleep in.
    Of course it got fed when I woke up but I never actually taught it to behave that way.

My Abyssinian cat I have right now goes on the human toilet to widdle. I did not train it at all, it just copied my me or other family members on it's own. Again I feed it as a reward for it's behaviour, but it was initially it's own idea.
    This slightly contradicts my theory that an animal does not come up with it's own ideas but this still contributes to it's survival.
    This Abyssinian does all sorts of funny 'creative' things to get attention and remind me to feed him.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 03-11-12 at 11:54 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

The Siamese cat that "saved" my life
    The cat only had one thought on it's mind at the time, "If I don't save this arsehole, who the hell is going to feed me ?"

Cats are always plotting to take over the planet and the enslavement of humanity. It is the way of the cat.
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12