Thread: New plasma - With a line through the screen

Thanks

Default New plasma - With a line through the screen

Hi all,

I wasn't too sure which section to post this in, so mods please feel free to move it accordingly.

Anyway, I purchase a 50 inch plasma (PS50P91FD) about 6 months ago and last night when I switched it on I noticed a line going from one side of the screen to the other.

It's only about 1 pixel wide, but it spans the entire length of the screen. I switched the tv off, then back on again and it's still there.

I switched to other source modes and watched a dvd, still there.

Anyway, I'm going to give Samsung a call today and find out whats going on, however I wanted to ask the members of the forum if they've had similar experiences with their tv's and what was the outcome?

It's probably too late to be asking if anyone has dealt with Samsungs after-sales support, however if you have, what was the experience like?

Thanks.

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks

Had exactly that on my Pana plasma about 12months back,.. Here's a about it at DTV forums.

They tried to replace a horizontal drive board,.. made no difference,.. and ended up replacing the plasma.

Jim.....

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Samsung's after sales service is very poor and I've had to deal with them twice, once for a split aircon system and several times for a colour laser printer. I certainly won't be buying anymore Samsung products. If your plasma panel is still within warranty I'd get right on to them and see that they fix or replace it.

By the way, Samsung do not keep parts in Australia so any parts required are shipped from South Korea and that can take awhile.
    The Eagle Flies High!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,458 Times in 1,141 Posts

Hammer the retailer to swap it.

If it goes away for repairs, you might be without it for a few months or longer
    Reality is an invention of my imagination.
    ಠ_ಠ