Thread: Grey Wolf, Mini Season & Humax Com Settings

Premium Member
    Thanks

Default Grey Wolf, Mini Season & Humax Com Settings

I am working through my setup (Grey Wolf, with Humax via Mini Season/RS232 link and DM500s) to fine tune it so it can be as stable as possible. Currently not using a BF unit as I see no need for this ATM.

Picked up another Laptop this week (Tuesday) with a "real" com port but I am still finding that every day or second day the Hummy is losing coms on the RS232 link to GW. If I stop/start the Hummy Client and remove/reinsert the card it comes good straight away.

I am happy with GW as I know the application is running and is not locking up i.e. I have not needed to restart it since Tuesday. This has been a big improvement from last week.

I have been using com setting for the hummy client of 9600 N 8 1. Noticed that it will work with 9600 N 8 2 and 9600 E 8 1.

Does anyone know what should the RS232 Comm settings be for the Hummy Client?

I am also comtemplating getting a BF unit if this is going to my problem.

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by checkitout View Post
    I am working through my setup (Grey Wolf, with Humax via Mini Season/RS232 link and DM500s) to fine tune it so it can be as stable as possible. Currently not using a BF unit as I see no need for this ATM.

Picked up another Laptop this week (Tuesday) with a "real" com port but I am still finding that every day or second day the Hummy is losing coms on the RS232 link to GW. If I stop/start the Hummy Client and remove/reinsert the card it comes good straight away.

I am happy with GW as I know the application is running and is not locking up i.e. I have not needed to restart it since Tuesday. This has been a big improvement from last week.

I have been using com setting for the hummy client of 9600 N 8 1. Noticed that it will work with 9600 N 8 2 and 9600 E 8 1.

Does anyone know what should the RS232 Comm settings be for the Hummy Client?

I am also comtemplating getting a BF unit if this is going to my problem.
    Should be 9600 8 N 1

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

checkitout give me a few days to setup a unit the same as yours and i will do a few tests to see how this can be overcome.

i know that with the bf430 the setup is bullet proof but it could be something as simple as the dummy card slipping a micro mill and releasing the reset contacts in the reader and as such dropping the connection.

people have to remember that the humax is usually 8 odd yrs old and that the reset pins stress over time .

what i will do is see if i can setup a small switch off the reset pins and have it always on and watch it.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Thanks Fandtm666

I noticed if I set it to 9600 n 8 2 it did not last very long.

Have been currently running since last with 9600 E 8 1 and will see how long that lasts.