Just want to share this information to all, I am going to post what I know and my experiences as to the above.

My connection teaming / aggregation experience is as follows :

2 dialup modems ppp multilink
4 dialup modems aggregated
2 isdn modems aggregated
2 wireless next-g modems aggregated (current)

Firstly if your isp supports the ppp multilink protocol it allows 2 modems to dialup and be bonded with the same ip address, easy and supports twice the speed without having to use multiple segments in order to gain extra speed. As far as i know this was only supported with olde dialup analogue and isdn to bond two channels on one hardware device.

Second is multiple connection teaming or aggregation. This is using a piece of software or an OS that acts as a packet router to intelligently (or not) manage the traffic over two or more connections that have different ip addresses and may even be different speeds / types of link types – for the purpose of either increasing speed or providing a level of redundancy/fallback.

Using aggregation is a great way to increase the speed of such things as web browsing, multisegment downloads or bittorrent as the traffic generated by these functions is typically many parts or requests that can be sent out over multiple gateways / devices.

There are a number of software packages that will allow you to aggregate multiple gateways or devices under windows, here are a few that I have used :

Vicomsoft Intergate
Midpoint (no longer supported, webpage defunct)
Wingate
NAT32

(if requested I can send the demo versions of any of the above)

I personally use intergate 8.6.0 (olde i know but it works) on a p3-600 256mb with 2x mf633bp+ next-g wireless modems (both shaped) and it ticks along nicely 24/7.

Once your physical links are setup its relatively easy to add them as gateways in most of the above packages ( i have not tried wingate yet but feedback suggests it works well) and allow your internet requests to use multiple connections.

kind regards