Thread: tablet suggestion

Thanks

Default tablet suggestion

Looking to buy a second hand 10 inch tablet. Main functions would be to watch video files (mostly avi), view and amend simple word documents, and use camera. Wi-Fi access would also be useful. Nothing fancy, nor too expensive required. Any suggestions?

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Samsung Galaxy Tab.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

As most Tablets have sealed non replaceable batteries, I would be wary of a second hand one unless it was fairly new and you have an idea of its past usage.
    Laptops will work on a dead battery but will a Tablet?
    I have loaded 3 AVI files, 2 converted from DVD's and one I did myself on a video cam and they look ok to me on our Aldi Bauhn Tablet.
    Wifi is an almost standard feature on Tablets now and my only concern would be the sensitivity to receive a WiFi signal.
    Check it has an SD (TF) slot as many still dont and thats a real ommission.

I like cheap but consider what a new 'Any Brand' Tablet is worth today with all the latest 'Bells & Whistles' features plus that all important WARRANTY which you WONT get going 2nd hand (maybe 30 days) off a dealer if your lucky.

After a week of reading Specs and comparing prices, your head should be spinning nicely..............Have FUN !!
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 29-11-12 at 05:27 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

I like to tinker so Samsung Galaxy for me, had mine 8 months and very happy. Got the misses a ipad just one button she cant go wrong

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    After a week of reading Specs and comparing prices, your head should be spinning nicely..............Have FUN !!
    LOL,

My head has spun itself off a couple of times in the last 6 months reading up on specs for tabs! It started when I thought it would be a nice an easy solution to the Mrs Birthday present conundrum, not so (needless to say I just gave up and got her a coffee machine). I'm not against Apple products but they don't seem to play well with others and they have their hand in your pocket all the time $$$. And now I find myself thinking I need a tab to travel with for myself and yet again, Thud (head falling off) they don't seem to make one to suit all my needs

Quad core + 1.5Gb(ish) ram
    Expandable memory
    Ability to play ripped video easily
    Front & rear cameras
    7(ish) inch screen
    A half descent battery life
    Needs to be fairly robust (I'm on the rd all the time and WA country rd's are Sh#$ty and my swag gets a bit dusty)

Wi-Fi only is OK
    Built in storage doesn't matter (with expansion)
    Amount of apps don't really matter to me (I figure providers will only improve them in the coming months)
    Even screen resolution isn't that important as long as I can see it.
    Price is price so if I can get what I need / want I'll pay

If anyone knows of a tab that can do this fairly simple tasks please let me know. I just want something sort of future proof (for a while anyway) with fast browsing power, a descent video playback and expandable memory. Or is the One that does all next years big $ deal!!

Otherwise is it just time to update the HP notebook?

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,206 Times in 607 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by forum jnr View Post
    I just want something sort of future proof (for a while anyway) with fast browsing power, a descent video playback and expandable memory.
    Then you should look for a rootet Android tablet pc with dual-core-CPU, quad-core-GPU, >= 1GB RAM, >= 16GB HDD, <= 32 GB SD-card, screen-resolution 1280 X 800 ...
    Last edited by jwoegerbauer; 12-12-12 at 09:14 PM. Reason: typo corrected