Hi TomaHawk, hope you don't mind that I started this up in a new thread as it may get a little bit interesting to find a result for this.

The following problem has presented itself after an unofficial firmware & map update.

Quote Originally Posted by TomaHawk View Post
I know I am probably reopening an old thread but can anyone help.

I recently purchased a 2nd hand Honda Goldwing, 2008 model and it has Hondas built in Nav system which is running maps from Garmin. Having spent a couple of weeks, yer you read it correctly WEEKS trying to get info out of Garmin about updating the maps this morning I received an email saying not possible.

Well reading it appears the yanks have it working. I cannot for the life of me figure this out the. I have managed to get the firmware on the bikes NAV unit upto 4.60 but from here I am stumped. I have downloaded and installed Mapsource, I have also downloaded City Navigator Australia And New Zealand NT 2012.40.gmap and installed into C:ProgramData/GARMIN/Maps but I cannot get Mapsource to actually 'see' the maps.. I have hit a wall and cannot figure this out. Now it's probably old age catching up with me and I have missed some step or something. Can anyone offer any assistance?

The maps are loaded onto a compact flash card in the bike, I have bought another CF card to attempt to get this running as I do not want to risk corrupting the original Honda card. The original car has City Navigator 2008 with map dated 2007

Anyone ??

TIA

TomaHawk..
Tiny,

mate thanks a bunch for your help. As it stands I have managed what I thought was the impossible... Now have 2013 maps installed. The link had the install software that was missing from the other multitude I had downloaded via torrent's and once installed it recognised the map files, recognised the CF card from the bike, I was able to backup all the date from that card (already had done before anyway) and built and installed the new maps onto the new CF card, whacked it into the bike and happy days.. Am just waiting for a lull in the rain here and going to head out and see if the new roads around here are on it... All should be OK, fingers crossed...

Thank you - thank you

TH

Ok, went for a quick blat.. Bugger off wind and rain please

So, the map works fine and dandy, but when a route is entered instead of getting directions I get "the audio is not compatible" from the unit... Done a quick search and seems a few Aussie GL owners have the same problem but the North American guys have audio no dramas.. More reading me thinks... Good progress tho, least I have the map installed..

Cheers

TH
Hmm, OK, so when you updated the firmware did the "the audio is not compatible" bug happen with the old Flash card & map?

Is the firmware updated by installing onto the GPS or is it contained on the flashcard?

If you can read the old firmware & flash card &/or its backup, is there a Voice Folder or file with something like English_Australian_Karen.vpm? This is the name of one of many voice files on Garmin Nuvi GPS.

Its possible that the new firmware you loaded doesn't have the required voice file, but if you can get it out of the old firmware or your backup & put it in the new firmware in the right place it may work.
(Don't forget when reading the card or the GPS firmware to make sure that you have "Show Hidden Files & Folders" checked as well as removing the tick from beside "Hide protected operating system files" a couple of lines below.)

If you still cant work things out, can you upload a screen shot of the contents of old & new flash card & or GPS firmware content.