Thread: WD TV Live Streaming For $49

Thanks

Default WD TV Live Streaming For $49

If you didn't know OfficeWorks is selling the WD TV Live Streaming for $99 but with the special promotion from Western Digital you get a $50 gift card so it comes to $49 .
    Promo opened on 26/11/2012 and ends for purchases at close of business for the Authorised Retail Stores on 24/12/2012 (“Promotional Period”)
    Credit to: Lovemybargains, stilted, and cloudsdbz who posted this on OZbargain website.

But I am wondering if WD TV LIVE streaming receiver does IPTV and could stream the web channels like the Ultraplus internettv+ and enable you to input rtmp files into the receiver like what Apsattv is doing.
    Some people have managed to get the TPG Internet channels on the WD Live using the WDLXTV firmware

Has anyone tried this with other channels ?
    Thanks

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to charboull For This Useful Post:

best4less (11-12-12),billy t (23-12-12),dogsbreath (16-12-12),Hugh (15-05-13),OSIRUS (09-12-12),SpankedHam (20-12-12),weirdo (09-12-12)

Look Here ->
    Banned

Thanks

And the $50 gioft card would then be used to purchase another WD product correct?

Thanks

No you get a $50 Eftpos card so you can purchase whatever you like , wherever Eftpos is available .

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to charboull For This Useful Post:

Hugh (15-05-13),marty 17 (16-12-12),OSIRUS (19-12-12),weirdo (11-12-12)

Thanks

I am not certain but I don't think officeworks qualifies as "Authorised Retail Stores" on most products. Have been caught out with this before thinking I'm getting a great deal with cashback offers to find it does not apply to them.

Thanks

A quick check of all the requirements appears officeworks is eligible for this offer.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dogsbreath For This Useful Post:

charboull (17-12-12)

Thanks

The $50 Gift card Western Digital promotion is also avaliable from these outlets (even in New Zealand) below so if Officeworks is not near maybe you can pricematch the $99 price with others, as Officeworks have been advertising the WD TV Live streaming player on TV and in the newspapers and in their catalogue.
    To be eligible to enter the Competition and receive a $50 gift card (the “Gift”)the individual must, during the Promotional Period, purchase any of the following Western Digital product(s) (“Eligible Products”) whilst stocks last from a participating (i) Comp Now, Harvey Norman, JB Hi Fi, Next Byte, Bing Lee, Officeworks, The Good Guys or Dick Smith retail store (for Australian residents) (collectively, the “Authorised Australian Retail Stores”) or (ii) Noel Lemming, Dick Smith, Harvey Norman, JB Hi Fi, Warehouse Stationary, Bond + Bond or Youbee retail store (for New Zealand residents) (collectively, the “Authorised NZ Retail Stores” and together with Authorised Australian Retail Stores, the “Authorised Retail Stores”)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by charboull View Post
    But I am wondering if WD TV LIVE streaming receiver does IPTV and could stream the web channels like the Ultraplus internettv+ and enable you to input rtmp files into the receiver like what Apsattv is doing.
    AFAIK the WDTV LIVE SMP hasn't been broken like other WDTV LIVEs have been so unless the native firmware supports it there's not much chance.

Thanks

What can I say.
    I won't be dealing with WD cashback deals again.
    Never received cashback card. Jumped through all the hoops.
    Could not get a number or talk to anybody with any authority to do something.
    Tried Harvey Norman where I bought the box, they gave me the importer details.
    Tried them without any luck and WD not in Australia - never got back to me.
    Can't even do a small claims as I don't have a WD contact here in Aus to pursue.
    Wonder how people go with warranty issues.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dogsbreath View Post
    What can I say.
    I won't be dealing with WD cashback deals again.
    Never received cashback card. Jumped through all the hoops.
    Could not get a number or talk to anybody with any authority to do something.
    Tried Harvey Norman where I bought the box, they gave me the importer details.
    Tried them without any luck and WD not in Australia - never got back to me.
    Can't even do a small claims as I don't have a WD contact here in Aus to pursue.
    Wonder how people go with warranty issues.
    You should talk to HN as they are ultimately responsible because you bought it from them.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,560 Times in 1,311 Posts

I got my $50 card months ago and cashed it no worries so I would say there has been a stuff up somewhere...I got mine through officeworks

Got this email on feb 7

"Dear Mike,

WD is happy to inform you that you have won a $50 gift card.

The card will be sent in the next two weeks to the address that you nominated when entering the competition.

You'll be pleased to know the card is a debit card and can be used to buy anything where EFTPOS is accepted.

Thank you for entering the WD Christmas Redemption Promotion. We hope you're enjoying your new WD product.

If you have any enquiries, please email enquiries@wdpromo.com.au

WD team."
    Last edited by mandc; 13-05-13 at 09:19 PM.

Thanks

it they are the same here they are based on tuxbox like the enigma boxes are and a php site for the plugins/tv channels can be added with a bit of hard work but to my knowledge there is no git for you to use to make life easy.
    It is a hobby so mileage varies
    Loving IPTV with XBMC and android M8
    Join in the XBMCHUB community and visit me at http://tvaddons.ag/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mandc View Post
    I got my $50 card months ago and cashed it no worries so I would say there has been a stuff up somewhere...I got mine through officeworks

Got this email on feb 7

"Dear Mike,

WD is happy to inform you that you have won a $50 gift card.

The card will be sent in the next two weeks to the address that you nominated when entering the competition.

You'll be pleased to know the card is a debit card and can be used to buy anything where EFTPOS is accepted.

Thank you for entering the WD Christmas Redemption Promotion. We hope you're enjoying your new WD product.

If you have any enquiries, please email enquiries@wdpromo.com.au

WD team."

My email to their email address on February 26.

No response from them

To whom it may concern.

I am enquiring as to the progress of my Cash back promotion as per your website

I purchased my WD TV Live 14/12/2012 and completed your online registration uploading copy of purchase receipt and photo of equipment as well as the 25 word requirement on the same day. Copies of the photo and receipt are attached.

The serial number of my media player is WNC425204130

I have contacted one of your service departments regarding this issue and have a case number filed

Case number 022613-6674766

My contact details are as follows.....

Please reply with your progress on providing this promotion.

Regards Me

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    You should talk to HN as they are ultimately responsible because you bought it from them.

Leroy
    Harvey did not even have any details of the promotion, did not know of its existence nor did they advertise or promote it. They said its a Manufacturer offer. They did provide me with the importer details who also passed the buck onto WD. The time and effort taken to pursue this is not worth $50 but there is the principle of the matter which grates with me.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,560 Times in 1,311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dogsbreath View Post
    Harvey did not even have any details of the promotion, did not know of its existence nor did they advertise or promote it. They said its a Manufacturer offer. They did provide me with the importer details who also passed the buck onto WD. The time and effort taken to pursue this is not worth $50 but there is the principle of the matter which grates with me.
    I don't blame you mate...I would be pissed off as well especially when some got it and others missed out. Like so many companies these days...no phone numbers or address, just email which gets ignored.