Thread: Unlock Phones on 3

Thanks

Default Unlock Phones on 3

I know this has been asked a million times cause I googled it, but thought I might ask here. Has there been any progress in unlocking handsets from the 3 Network? Every where I look one place says yes the other says no. I just thought somebody might have found a hack by now. In particular the Nokia6280.

Thanks

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Ive purchased two handsets from 3 over the past year, both on cap plans and just called them and requested to have them unlocked as per advice from the retail shop....

it has worked for me without a hickup.....

Thanks

if the phones are on contract they can be unlocked free of charge or with a bit of pestering

if phones are prepaid there might be some costs involved, im pretty sure theres a diy method though to unlock them. have a look around on the net,

Thanks

Yeah thanks OPb3 thats ok if your on 3, but I'm talking about buying a used phone and connecting to another carrier.

Hey urban, thats what I heard but I can't find it, Oh well will keep on sniffing.

Cheers

Thanks

yes it can be unlocked with a 3th party tool

Thanks

Thumbs up

Thanks Dr Mobile PM on the way.

Thanks

I have just acquired a V3X which is simlocked to 3 it's contract has expired and I want to connect it to Telstra with my existing sim (replace my brick) so I too would like to know if there is a DIY method or a link to a site that knows. All help greatly appreciated
    Last edited by MrRadio; 11-07-08 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Wrong model no corrected

Thanks

might be a cheap solution to your troubles.

best to read the comments and see if anyone else has had any success with your phone... or for $8 ....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrRadio View Post
    I have just acquired a V3X which is simlocked to 3 it's contract has expired and I want to connect it to Telstra with my existing sim (replace my brick) so I too would like to know if there is a DIY method or a link to a site that knows. All help greatly appreciated
    where u about it ?

Thanks

After about an hour on the phone to a 3 Indian I am informed that because the display reads "Contact Operator" the phone is now permanently locked to 3 because the unlock code has been tried incorrectly too many times (more than 3) ... and now there is nothing 3 can do ...I don't believe that there is not a keypad combination to default the phone .... there is always a back door or "installers menu" but who can tell me how. .... Well I'll be St***** while I am typing this the simlock dialog box has appeared on the phone .. so back to 3 to get the password.

Edit: Called 3 .. now the IMEI doesn't agree with account details ... wasn't changed when handset was exchanged under warranty .... not my fault I said should have been done by shop that changed handset ... wanted me to go back to shop and have them update details ... shop in VIC me in QLD ... got cranky asked for supervisor ... two minutes silence ... operator came back having spoken to supervisor and without further adoo gave me an unlock code .. all good now
    Last edited by MrRadio; 11-07-08 at 09:17 PM.

Thanks

I just bought an N95 of a guy who got it through 3, apparently you ring up and they just give you the code to unlock it, cant see the point of locking it in the first place if they are going to do that.

One point though, i was going to upgrade the firmware to get rid of all the 3 cap till i read a story of a guy who did it, he had a problem down the track, sent it back to nokia for a warranty repair and they told him that because he used a different firmware that the warranty was void, when he got it back it didnt work at all, i think i will just put up with the 3 branding.