Thread: PCI TV Card Driver needed.

Thanks

Default PCI TV Card Driver needed.

I have a PCI Tv tuner that I havent got the install CD for anymore.

I purchased it from MSY about 14 months ago and I cant find any info and more importantly drivers.

Anyone have one of the following Tuners that could send me the drivers..??

Its a

Channel Plus
    Hybrid D+A TV Tuner Card PCI Card

Any help appreciated as always as it will have to go into the bin as I have searched for days on the net to find a driver.

Shagga

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Grab the card in your static-discharged hands and try to read a number off the main (or larger, busier looking chip). Look also for words printed on the circuit board such as LEADTEK, COMPRO, HAUPPAUGE, DIVICO, EYO, TWINHAN, K-WORLD, PINNACLE. Many WINFAST boards are LEADTEK. I am guessing it will be PHILLIPS or CONNEXANT 23880, the latter being popular in the cheaper boards. My COMPRO uses the PHILIPS SAA7134 chip.

Many of these cards use the same chips made by just a few manufacturers, and a generic driver will make it go.... PHILIPS and CONNEXANT would have to be the most popular chip types. The drivers are usually associated with the actual TV viewing/scheduling/recording application, but you've lost the original setup disc !. I am also guessing that your card is of the PCI style.

Some programs and/or applications will automagically find the various card types, you could temporarily install progDVB or TSReader and try a few of the tuner type options, once the tuner type is found you could try the COMPRO Hybrid application, or the various HAUPPAUGE hybrid flavours. You can usually download the latest versions of TV application software from manufacturers' websites. I have several different versions of the COMPRO, AverMedia and some Leadtek apps. here if you fail to find something.

I've tried many different softwares with various cards - most of which mostly work - but sometimes you lose a function or the remote doesn't work etc. I have found the friendliest software to be the COMPRO app.

Another option is to post a reasonable Q photo of the card, it may be a "knock-off" of a well-known card.