Thread: Sensis 2013.20 - Is it worth installing?

Thanks

Cool Sensis 2013.20 - Is it worth installing?

Hi all,
    I expect Tiny will be able to answer this.
    As already told, I just bought a 2595LMT, and it immediately updated to the new Navteq 2013.30, but I noticed a Sensis 2013.20 as a previous map version.
    Is it worth putting it in (more detail, intersection guides) as a secondary map? Or is it not worth the bother?
    I already D/L'd the Map package from GPS Underground, but it's a bit complex for an old fart like me - no img file
    Blindpete
    Last edited by blindpete; 17-12-12 at 09:15 AM.

Look Here ->
    Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,650 Posts

OK, first of all the Best map for your area is something you need to work out, as per some areas the Navteq map is better, some areas the Sensis map is better. They both have errors. (man made).
    I don't think Garmin will be updating the Sensis map for long due to their deal with Navteq. Just my opinion.

Secondly the Sensis 13.20 map is the same as Sensis 13.10 Map. has same FID.

Thirdly if the download you did, after unpacking the .rar file/s, doesn't have the image file in it of 199MB in size then it is probably the MapSourse Install package which means you need to click on the .msi file in the downloads unpacked folder & it will install in MapSource if you have that installed. Then you can use MapSource to compile an image to your device (this will erase your previous map), or compile it to an SD Card & transfer the image anywhere you like.

I have found that running 2 City nav maps of the same area on the GPS works sometimes & some times not, depends how your device gives priority to the maps.

Hope that helps.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Thanks

Thanks Tiny, I think I'll just leave it alone, It looks to be just a bit too hard. Yes it was the Mapsource D/L
    I'm used to iGO8.3 where Sensis and Navteq are a lot different, as in the Sensis shows more intersection signs on highways than the Navteq one!
    Has anyone been able to increase the speed of the simulate drive? iGO has "Flyover", where you can see the trip as fast as you want.
    It was great when I planned our Adelaide, Ularu, Alice, Darwin trip early this year.

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,650 Posts

Its actually not that hard to just install the .img file if you download it & follow my Tutorial.

However if your device is getting updated with lifetime map updates then that is definitely the easiest option.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."