Thread: mobile reception in thailand

Thanks

Exclamation mobile reception in thailand

i hope someone can help in a few weeks i am off to thailand (phuket) for a week i wanted to know if the moblie service is good and i was told that dont worry about getting international roaming . you can get a prepaid over there (heaps cheaper) after all i only want to recieve calls in case i need to be contacted so i don't need everyone to know the number only a couple of people

can someone shed some light on this please ?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

been there a fewtimes very rare to loose reception ,not sure about phuket but the rest of the country is really good .buy a 123 prepay and put in phone in phone no sign up just load credit

Thanks

thanks i will look into that

Thanks

If you buy a prepaid card in Thailand - Phuket make sure it is compatible with the Australian Phone system
    They normally use DTAC in Thailand and Optus in Australia cannot call a DTAC phone in Thailand - Vodaphone can access DTAC
    I travel a lot to Thailand and found it easier to use roaming ( i use Telstra )
    Yes it cost if you call out of Thailand( Phuket )but if your friends call you they get lumbered with the bill !!
    Hope This helps

Thanks

all i want to do is put a sim card in my phone i was thinking of just getting a prepaid card and using that so all i need it to do is recieve calls
    i was told the best way is to get a prepaid from over there that way i can get calls from here in oz

btw i am going to the Phuket aera mainly

Thanks

123 prepay looks the go from what i have seen anyone recomend a place to buy one from before i go?
    so i can activate it it before i go so i can give out the number to others before i leave

Thanks

i was only there for a short period of time (3 weeks) and I just used roaming. I was with 3 when I was there and the roaming was really cheap if you didn't make many calls. I think i spent about 20 bucks.

i was really impressed with the mobile coverage but I was in the north. even Laos had better mobile reception than parts of melbourne! same with the DSL. i saw an advertisment for ADSL2+ in a small town there. you can't even get that in carlton!