Thread: BlueChart g2 - HPC024R - Australia & New Zealand

Thanks

Default BlueChart g2 - HPC024R - Australia & New Zealand

BlueChart g2 - HPC024R - Australia & New Zealand
    Version: 2012.5
    Released: Aug, 2012
    Part Number: 010-C1020-20 (microSD/SD), 010-C1020-10 (GarminCard), 010-D0599-00 (Download)

See your vessel’s precise, on-chart position in relation to navaids, coastal features, anchorages, obstructions, waterways, restricted areas and more with this detailed marine mapping data. Also includes Safety Shading and Fishing Charts (in compatible units), smooth data transition between zoom levels, harmonious transition across chart borders and reduction of chart discontinuities in coverage areas.

• Includes realistic navigation features showing everything from shaded depth contours and coastlines to spot soundings, navaids, port plans, wrecks, obstructions, intertidal zones, restricted areas, IALA symbols and more.
    • Features smooth displays, including seamless transitions between zoom levels and more continuity across chart boundaries.
    • Allows users to choose between standard 2-D direct overhead or 3-D "over the bow" map perspective to make chart reading and orientation easier.
    • Provides Safety Shading (in compatible units), allowing mariners to enable contour shading for all depth contours shallower than user-defined safe depths.
    • Provides Fishing Charts (in compatible units), allowing mariners to scope out bottom contours and depth soundings with less visual clutter on the display.
    • Allows users to conveniently plan and organize routes, from your computer, before your trip with HomePort™, compatible trip-planning software (sold separately).

Detailed coverage of the entire continent of Australia and New Zealand. Coverage includes Brisbane, Sydney, and the Great Barrier Reef along the Eastern coast. Coverage continues along the Southern coast including Melbourne, Adelaide, and Tasmania through the Great Australian Bight. Coverage also includes Perth, Geraldton, Darwin, and the Gulf of Carpentaria on the Western and Northern coasts. Detailed coverage of New Zealand, including the North and South Islands in their entirety, as well as Norfolk Island, Auckland Islands, Campbell Island, Antipodes Islands, and Bounty Islands.

Locked Image:
    | |

UnLocked Image:
    | |

MapID: 2651
    Code:
    https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=51201

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pietu For This Useful Post:

bondy99 (15-04-13),DWE1958 (03-01-13),Francois (12-04-13),Philbo (09-06-13),rich333 (25-12-12),WhoDaFuxDis (26-12-16)

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Anyone seen the 2013 version yet?

Thanks

Tnx Pietu
    Works like a charm on my Uniden with GarminXT!

Thanks

Hi, Thanks for the download, I noticed it is an img file. What software opens or recognises this? I tried to burn it onto a DVD via Nero as an img. The img is over 833Mb.

I tried to open the DVD image but unfortunately it cannot be seen. It's as if the image cannot be detected on my pc

What gives and how can I correct this?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Cheers, Bondy99

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,650 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bondy99 View Post
    Hi, Thanks for the download, I noticed it is an img file. What software opens or recognises this? I tried to burn it onto a DVD via Nero as an img. The img is over 833Mb.

I tried to open the DVD image but unfortunately it cannot be seen. It's as if the image cannot be detected on my pc

What gives and how can I correct this?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Cheers, Bondy99
    A Garmin marine GPS would be your best option for viewing this image as that is what it is for.

HomePort is the Garmin program for marine GPS on PC, however the img may need to be processed to view it without it being on your GPS first.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Thanks

Tiny, thanks for your reply.

I need some clarification, the files I had downloaded had been extracted, It had the img plus MapID number

As I wanted to view this on my pc I used Nero to burn the image onto DVD disc. Nero burning programme said the burn was succesful and verified but when loading into DVD Drive, nothing was detected.

So from what I understand the burned image will only be seen in a dedicated Garmin marine GPS device?

If I wanted to see the image on a pc, I should have downloaded HomePort? Is that correct? If so, where do I obtain that from?

Thanks, bondy99

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,650 Posts

Don't think burning it to DVD will help in any way.

Img files are stored on internal memory or Micro SD cards or SD Cards on Garmin devices.

Home Port as said before is a Marine Mapping Program available from Garmin.
    "Use your existing BlueChart® preprogrammed card, or transfer the preloaded maps² directly from your chartplotter to an SD™ card. Then simply plug the card into your computer's card reader to start planning your voyage."

"You cannot load the maps into the homeport directory or window. Put the gmapsupp.img file into a directory called 'Garmin' on your sd card. With the SD card plugged into your computer start homeport. You will see in the top left of the program under LIBRARY your map on the SD Card."

You can view its details or purchase it here.

Not sure if a cracked version exists as I've never had a need for one.

It is apparently possible to get a cracked version of MapSource & process the image file with Gmaptool combined with cGpsMapper (both of which are free), you can then install the file into MapSource & view it. You will need to do some reading on how to use these tools to get it right.
    I have used them, Gmaptool combined with cGpsMapper, with Garmin street map images with success, however it took me a couple of goes to get it right.

From what I've read, HomePort is your best option for viewing Bluechart maps.
    You may find in your searching that another Garmin program called BaseCamp will view the Bluecharts from Sd Card, however from what I've read the latest versions of BaseCamp present the maps as a satellite image & not as a shaded relief image.

Here are some links that may help your understanding.

Hope that helps.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Thanks

@pietu

can these be reup'd ? all links are dead