Thread: Aston Simba Annoyances

Thanks

Default Aston Simba Annoyances

Hi everyone.

Been following this forum for some weeks, which is what lead me to buy this receiver from Antelec.

I've used it for three weeks now and am happy with what it offers in the way of French programming.

However, there are two things about his box that bug me:

1. It doesn't keep time well.

For example, I can go to the settings and change it to +11 GMT and put in the current time (and save it).

It'll keep that time and display it on the STB when I turn off the receiver.

The next time I turn on the STB, it'll still show the correct time, but on turning off the box, it'll revert to +4 GMT, which is the set's default setting, and display a correspondingly wrong time in the display.

Has anybody else had this problem?

2. Recording with closed captions.

The closed captioning is pretty good when it's live.

However, I tried recording a movie overnight with captioning, which it did, but the titles are a good 10 seconds ahead of the dialogue.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a setting that I've missed?

I'd be very appreciative for any feedback.

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

I can't really comment on the reciever but I have a number of guys that now use UltraPlus receivers becuase they haven't been happy with the providers receiver! Hopefully they will comment for you.

cheers,
    Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

Hi ap5!

I have a brand new Aston Simba in storage which has never been turned on so I can't offer any advise if this is a common problem or not. I only purchased it from Antelec to get included Viaccess Smartcard. I know someone else who had the same issue with the clock on the Aston Simba. So perhaps it's a common fault. You could try updating the firmware if you have an old firmware version installed and serial number begins with 3260259. See:

Otherwise contact their support team for help here:

Taken from:

If you get no joy and want to replace it with something else, you could try the Ultraplus 900HD. I'm using an UltraPlus X-9200HD as it supports two Smartcards which I need for France 2, 3, 4 etc. which uses a Viaccess card and CanalSat which uses a Mediaguard smartcard.

Anyway I hope this helps!

Kind Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Bizzibee; 29-12-12 at 11:55 AM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Bizzibee For This Useful Post:

best4less (29-12-12)