Thread: PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED - What?!?!??

Thanks

Question PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED - What?!?!??

Firstly, My Computer Setup:

CPU: Intel Core i3-2120 @ 3.30ghz (no overclock - YET)
    Memory: 2x Gskill 4GB DDR3
    GPU Nvidia Geforce GT630
    HDD: WD WD10EADS-11M (Main HD with the OS's and User Data on it) & Samsung HM160HI (Swap & Extra Storage)
    Other Crap: $20 generic Samsung DVD Drive, Cheap $5 Card reader, AR9285 WiFi
    PSU: Antec 530W Neo Eco something or other.

So yesterday i brought 4 games from EB Games. I havent used my Windows Partition in about a month and when starting it it up I get a Blue Screen Of Death with the problem being "PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED". ??? It most likely isnt a hardware issue because i have been running mint fine for the whole time ive had it. I also dont want to resort to having to reinstall Windows because then I will need to Reinstall and customize the boot loader, Install all of my games to the HDD (I have alot of them and some ill need to redownload), (Insert more excuses here). I would really appreciate any help on this topic, Thanks

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,948 Posts

This issue occurs because the Bootcat.cache file is corrupted or because the size of the Bootcat.cache file has changed since the last successful start.
    Note The Bootcat.cache file is located at %SystemRoot%\system32\codeintegrity
    (The %SystemRoot% folder is where Windows is installed. This is usually C:\Windows .)

To work around this issue, start the computer from the disc drive or from a USB drive by using Windows installation media. Delete the Bootcat.cache file, and then restart the computer.

Bart PE or a linux live disk (with ntfs support) will also work.....

could also be a dodgy ram stick, try running memtest.
    Last edited by hoe; 03-01-13 at 03:29 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoe View Post
    This issue occurs because the Bootcat.cache file is corrupted or because the size of the Bootcat.cache file has changed since the last successful start.
    Note The Bootcat.cache file is located at %SystemRoot%\system32\codeintegrity
    Ohk I have completely deleted the Bootcat file from the Windows partition. I am restarting now...

Quote Originally Posted by hoe View Post
    To work around this issue, start the computer from the disc drive or from a USB drive by using Windows installation media. Delete the Bootcat.cache file, and then restart the computer.
    Bart PE or a linux live disk (with ntfs support) will also work.....
    Btw as I stated in the first post, I have a linux partition Which i can access a NTFS (or my windows) partition(s)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ada101 View Post
    Ohk I have completely deleted the Bootcat file from the Windows partition. I am restarting now...
    Nope, it didn't work . I will leave memtest running today while I am away. Results will be tonight!
    Meanwhile, Does anyone else have any more ideas?? Thanks in advance

Thanks

Ohk I'm sorry for the long reply, very busy . Memtestx86 did come up with some memory errors. I will run both sticks individually later. Anyone have any other ideas. Very appreciated