Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: WDTV SMP - Tips and tricks

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,639 Times in 835 Posts

Are you using Dublin as your dynamo dns?

Thanks

Default Re: WDTV SMP - Tips and tricks

I did try using the Dublin dynamo DNS. Didn't help. Went back to using the Aus dynamo DNS.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Try once again from scratch using the Dublin Dns. To the best of my knowledge that is the only dns that brings up bbc iplayer, you can watch it once it is installed with other dns but Dublin is needed for the installation.

Thanks

Default Re: WDTV SMP - Tips and tricks

Fixed!
    I manually forced the WDTV DNS setting to my Aus ISP. Reset location. Found Australia services again etc. Then I set the WDTV DNS back to my router default DNS (which is Unotelly Aus dynamo DNS). Reset location again and it again found UK again (my dynamo setting for WDTV was UK still). And then in services iPlayer popped up also Acetrax etc.
    That Dublin DNS does nothing for us Aussies. The WDTV dynamo setting was all that is required to toggle to UK. I got it last week by just toggling that dynamo setting. I am actually toggling between the UK and US service lists easily now again.

I reckon something was out of action at WD or at Uno. I have a mate who saw he was missing the services too last night, and after just resetting his location he now has it back too.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Glad you got it back. I remember that at one stage you did need to use Dublin so that's good now there are more options. I just had a look at the unotelly web page with the global servers (there are heaps now) and well over half are now dynamo enabled, it used to be just a few. They have obviously grown a lot!
    I have also had a brief outage with them but that was a while ago. I've always been very happy with unotelly.

• Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234