Thread: ps3 2.40 update 2 july

Thanks

Default ps3 2.40 update 2 july

Hi again! It’s great to see the positive reaction to the unveiling of system software update v2.40. We can’t wait for you to finally go hands-on with XMB access in-game and the Trophy system – and it’s less than 2 days away. Not surprisingly, a number of you have posed questions both here and on other forums. Here are answers to the most frequently asked questions.

Once again, we will continue to evaluate opportunities to enhance the PLAYSTATION 3’s system software throughout the console’s life cycle. Consumer feedback has contributed greatly to the contents of Firmware v2.40, and continues to be appreciated. Don’t forget, this Firmware will be available for download on July 2nd.

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

What the hell is going on with this update??

It asked me to update to 2.40 last night, i started, got to 1% then cancled thinking i would rather download in my offpeak time.
    Came back on this morning and it tells me i have the latest firmware installed???
    I go to sysytem info... i have 2.36 installed??
    Go to PSN Store, it lets me in??
    Rebooted my PS3, and all the above is still the same, and there is no way i can now download 2.40?

WTF??? Can anyone else download this firmware update, or has it been removed?

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Ok, after 1 second at google, there is page after page saying this firmware has been removed.

2.40 was making many machines hang on reboot after install, thus the machines are useless and dead in the water, 20, 40, 60, 80gig, machines were all hit (some are ok, some are rooted)..... One guy has ripped his HDD out and reformatted it, then loaded a previous version on to get it going again.

Farking Sony... Too much Big Brother with these PS3s!!!

And worse, some members have reported that Sony wants to charge to have your bricked machine repaired.

The only lesson here is to wait a few days before updating to a new firmware. Good one Sony

Thanks

Sony are absolute shite when it comes to firmware/software, it's no surprise they make great hardware though.

2.40 was pulled, it screwed a number of PS3's however 2.41 should be released on Thursday our time which will hopefully include 2.40 and the bug fixes. I am running 2.4 on my PS3 as I type this but the browser runs out of memory (with 1 page open) and my PS3 crashes more now than ever even when I'm just sending messages to and between friends. You;d think with 18 months passed since NTSC release that Sony would have worked out the kinks and bugs to one of their largest implementation firmwares.

I'd hope that Thursdays firmware bug revision (2.41) will solve these issues and developers will have more titles that support the Trophy system.
    Main PC: INTEL CORE i7 4930k | ASUS P9X79-PRO | 16GB G-SKILL 2400MHz RAM | GTX 780 3GB PHANTOM GLH EDITION | SAMSUNG 840 PRO 256GB | 2 X 1TB WD RE4 | 2TB WD GREEN | SILVERSTONE STRIDER 1200W GOLD | HAF-X w/ DEMCI FLEX FILTERS | SWIFTECH H320 AIO | WINDOWS 8.1 PRO w/ MEDIA CENTRE x64.