Thread: Asiasat 5 query

Thanks

Default Asiasat 5 query

Hi All,
    Just wondering if anyone is able to receive the FTA Trace Sports and Trace Urban channels from asiasat 5?

I'm located in south east Queensland and used to receive it, then it started to break up and now not at all. It's on a c band transponder & lyngsat footprint shows c band covering Australia. I can watch plenty of other fta channels from this satellite and signal strength is about 70+%. When I put the digital meter on this transponder I can sometimes get a signal about 12% but mostly it's less than 10% whereas other tp's are booming in. The lnb and skew haven't changed from when I used to receive it.

I talked with a local satellite installer months ago when it first started to break up and he reckoned the fade out was to do with curvature of earth, heat in cable and would be better at night. Im not quite sure about all that but its gone altogether now anyway. Also I have an open box S10.

Any thoughts appreciated.
    Thanks
    Gav

Look Here ->
    Thanks

G'day Gav,

I still get them here in Melbourne on a 2.3 metre meshie, but the signal is far more reliable at night. By day, it pixelates rather badly, or it's not there at all.

On a blind scan I typically get between 70-80 tv channels on this satellite.

Not really sure why you're not getting Trace.

I take it you have 2+ metre dish?

Thanks

Default Asiasat 5 query

Hi ap5,

Thanks for your reply and yes I'm using a 2.3m mesh dish. Its interesting you have issues throughout the day.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,521 Times in 1,805 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tac2 View Post
    Hi ap5,

Thanks for your reply and yes I'm using a 2.3m mesh dish. Its interesting you have issues throughout the day.
    I am In Thailand and the signals never show that they are strong but still get pics and without loosing signal. By the way done a scan today and it came up with the playboy TV HD but encrypted on 4039 H SR 29720

Thanks

Default Asiasat 5 query

A couple of ideas ive been thinkin about - would those channels being DVB-S2 cause decoder any issues to receive?
    - even though it works fine for other h and v channels, that the lnb skew is really off? (unfortunately will need a scissor lift to adjust in situ to peak meter as dish is 4.5m off ground)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

I reckon you need to tweak your dish a little. I find the DVB-S2 signals aren't as forgiving as DVB-S

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hazman View Post
    I am In Thailand and the signals never show that they are strong but still get pics and without loosing signal. By the way done a scan today and it came up with the playboy TV HD but encrypted on 4039 H SR 29720
    Yup I am in Taiwan and can pick up the channels with a 1.8m solid dish. They are not that strong but are stable.

Thanks

Default Asiasat 5 query

Thanks for the replies. I'll work on the dish a bit and see how I go.

Gav