Thread: TBS QBOX 5922 DVB-S2 USB HD Satellite TV receiver

Thanks

Default TBS QBOX 5922 DVB-S2 USB HD Satellite TV receiver

Does anyone have one of these USB DVB-S2 receivers?
    Any thoughts? Is it's blind scan fast?

I'm looking for an external USB decoder and would prefer to buy locally but I can only find them online from China.
    Does anyone sell these locally?

thanks

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

I bought mine from China via Ebay. I don't remember trying a blindscan and since I've moved I can't find it lol
    It will come down to the software you use whether you can blindscan or not.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

Xcruiser XDSR385HD running E2 PKT Hyperion v4.5 image (http://www.pkteam.pl/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=6793)
    Xcruiser XDSR385HD AVANT
    Zgemma Star 2S

Thanks

Do you remember what kind of plug pack (voltage/amp etc) transformer it used?
    I guess I should need to change the China one to an Australian one. Even if it was 240V I would prefer a new one then use one of those plug convertors!

Thanks

I've received my TBS5922 USB tuner. They provided a world power plug adapter in the package which was handy.
    Now I enter a new world of filters, codecs, directshow, Klite packs, lots of settings. It's seems quite complicated and I am I.T educated.

I am playing with a few player software (mainly the OEM versions that came with the TBS 5922, ProgDVB, TBSviewer, DVBddream) but I have found there are so many settings that work on one stream but not on another. I managed to install the K-lite codec pack, change to directx renderer and play via with ffmpeg mp4/mp2 audio/video settings for de-interlace, scaling etc but some channels seem to just stop after a few mins of playing. If I re-tune they will come back for a bit and then stop again. Other channels work fine. I don't think it's the receiver driver as the "lock" light is still on and other channels work well its just perhaps something in the stream that causes the software to stop decoding. Though I might try an earlier BDA driver to see if that makes any difference.

Also I was unable to get it to move my H-H motor. It just locks up some of the time or moves the motor the wrong way and locks up. I am thinking there isn't enough LNB power on this unit to successfully drive the motor. Which is fine since I can use my Openbox to move it but this USB tuner wants to take control of the LNB power so unless I turn it off from the power my STB does not have control.

You have to use different settings and drivers to work with different streams (unlike terrestrial tv/ foxtel that use similar standards) . I know there are filters that demux, codecs that play video and codecs for sound. Then there are other streams for different services such as epg/teletext etc. I am getting a feel for manufactures of STB's trying to make them decode a wide range of streams throughout the world must be difficult.

I will mainly use the PC for play as I knew I would experience these kinds of issues before I bought it. I wanted it just to explore and see additional information that a STB does not always provide also for 4:2:2 decoding.

Can anyone who uses PC based receivers what they have found to be the best combination of player software and codecs setups etc?

Edit: I should also add I am using Windows 8 Pro x64 so I am not sure if the drivers are 100% compatible. I have reverted to a earlier BDA driver and it seems a bit better now. Still testing.
    Last edited by backer; 20-03-13 at 08:28 PM.

Thanks

I have a TBS 6980 PCI-E card. I use DVB Viewer and ffdshow video codecs. I stay away from those codec packs, they're ugly

My card doesn't power the dish or move the motor mind you.

• The Following User Says Thank You to allstarnz For This Useful Post:

backer (20-03-13)

Thanks

Default Blind Scan

Quote Originally Posted by allstarnz View Post
    I have a TBS 6980 PCI-E card. I use DVB Viewer and ffdshow video codecs. I stay away from those codec packs, they're ugly

My card doesn't power the dish or move the motor mind you.
    Hi Allstarnz,

Can I ask you how you blind scan, do you use an external program then input the results (.ini) to the player?
    Do you blind scan from within the player?
    Is there an easy way to copy the blind scan results into the TP lists for the player?

thanks,
    Brandon

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by backer View Post
    Hi Allstarnz,

Can I ask you how you blind scan, do you use an external program then input the results (.ini) to the player?
    Do you blind scan from within the player?
    Is there an easy way to copy the blind scan results into the TP lists for the player?

thanks,
    Brandon
    Hi, I haven't actually used blind scan on this. I have a Openbox STB, which has blind scan on it, so I haven't really bothered to try mucking about with it. Generally I have found blind scanning on a computer to be more work than it's worth.