Thread: Afl

Premium Member

Thanks

Default Afl

The AFL have got a new provider for their international live match streaming

Rightster will provide a full service web TV solution through which the AFL will have complete transparency and control over the distribution of its online video content. Rightster will also be responsible for the design and implementation of the access and delivery infrastructure of the service and will manage user subscriptions which will include the Season Pass, Weekly Pass, Monthly Recurring Pass, Club specific pass and Finals packages. Rightster and the AFL will work together to drive further fan engagement through social tools integrated with the AFLTV service.

Once the service has launched, AFL fans will be able to watch Australian football across a range of devices including PCs and Macs, iOS and HTML5 compatible smart phones and tablets, and will have access to the full service for free for the duration of the NAB Cup.
    Not available in Australia and New Zealand but hopefully that can be got around.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pete123 For This Useful Post:

beat2l (12-02-13),mkhannah (12-02-13),tollspd (12-02-13)

Look Here ->
    Thanks

There's no need to if you have a compatible mobile phone or tablet as they now offer the AFL Live service on wifi with any provider. Domestic service is $15/m $90/year compared to $120 for the international service.

Premium Member

Thanks

I only had a quick look last night but the International feed on a PC seemed to be much better quality than the local feed on a tablet. I'll hook them up to the tv for one of the games over the weekend.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pete123 For This Useful Post:

mkhannah (16-02-13),tollspd (16-02-13)

Premium Member

Thanks

International version came up well on the forty something inch television - hdmi cord from the laptop. I would say not as good as a Channel 7 broadcast but better than SD Foxtel through the composite cables.

Australian version, HDMI out from Asus Infinity tablet, was something you could watch if you had no other way of watching your team play but I don't think I'd last a whole game. Even watching on the tablet wasn't a great experience.