Thread: New Samsung 8 inch Tablet

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Default New Samsung 8 inch Tablet

Samsung unveils 8-inch tablet with phone capability to rival iPad mini

SAMSUNG has unveiled an eight-inch (20.3cm) tablet with phone capability to rival Apple's recently launched iPad mini and to cement its market dominance by offering devices in a variety of sizes.The Galaxy Note 8.0 features an eight-inch screen and, where it may steal a march on its rival which measures 7.9-inches, the ability to make phone calls.The new device, now being marketed by Samsung as a ''tablet'', is powered by Google's Android software and will be showcased at the four-day Mobile World Congress in Barcelona beginning on February 25, the company said in a statement.Like previous incarnations of the Galaxy Note, the device comes with a stylus pen allowing the user to write or draw on the screen, which can be split in two to run various programs at the same time.
    Global sales will begin in the second quarter, the firm said.

Samsung is the world's top maker of smartphones and mobile phones in general.
    The latest device - the first from the company to feature an eight-inch screen - is set to fill a gap in the firm's wide product lineup, which ranges from the flagship smartphone Galaxy S to the 5.5-inch (14cm) Galaxy Note 2 and the 10.1-inch (25.7cm) Galaxy Tab tablet PC.The firm has recently shifted its focus to its Galaxy Note, which turned out to be far more popular than the larger Galaxy Tab, offering the Note in various sizes in a move that blurred the lines between smartphones and tablet PCs.Samsung said the launch of the Galaxy Note 8.0 will "reignite the mid-size tablet category" - a segment increasingly crowded by rival products including the iPad mini that launched last November and Google's seven-inch (17.8cm) Nexus 7.Samsung and Apple accounted for more than half of all smartphone sales in the final quarter of 2012 - 29 per cent for Samsung and 22.1 per cent for Apple - according to research firm Strategy Analytics.

Source:

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

kevin1341 (26-02-13),lsemmens (26-02-13),RGS (25-02-13),weirdo (26-02-13)

Look Here ->
    LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,075 Times in 3,347 Posts

I just bought a note 2 for my missus after buying a note for myself last August. They are a brilliant bit of kit. Had this been on the market a little earlier I may have gone that way. Apple missed it when they failed to offer telephony with any of their iPads. I upgraded from an iPhone 3GS after much research in which the iPhone 4 (for compatibility with existing iProducts) and the iPhone5 never made my short list. If an iPad had offered telephony, then it may have made my list. The note's slightly larger screen and pen input is what won me over from the, then, top of the heap Galaxy s3.