Thread: SPA 3102 - First incoming call wont connet (BLANK) have to call in twice to connect?

Thanks

Default SPA 3102 - First incoming call wont connet (BLANK) have to call in twice to connect?

As the header state....VERY WEIRD!!

Im currently using iiNET as my ISP using the Netphone VoIP service. I was running a Billion ADSL2 voip/router/modem all in one job but got zapped recently after an electrical storm...bummer...so had to pull out the back ups. I now recall why they became the back ups. The back ups are a Cisco (Linksys) WG120N router/modem and has a seperate VoIP Cisco (Linksys) SPA 3102. The phone attached is a Panasonic 5.8ghz digital 3 handset system (not VoIP) with answering machine.

Ive set it up in various different ways (Settings), JMG Tech User Guide, Linksys 3102 for dummies and also the standard iiNET user help guide.

Im currently working off the iiNET setup as it seams to work the best except for the incoming call issue. I can call out (although this takes quite a while to connect (start ringing) once you punch the numbers in then hit talk on the phone , access the internal message service, web login etc etc...

The caller calls in once (external source), the home phone rings, the caller ID is displayed then when you answer there is nothing there, not a noise at all, completely blank. The caller calls back shortly after and it connects straight away and you can talk? I cant figure it out.

Any suggestions? Cheers in advance

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Nudge....anyone, anything?? Even if its a similar problem with different units? I have been searching for days and come up with squat!! Im really stuck.

Thanks

ohhh well, guess its a new modem with voip... has anyone got any recommendations for a 4port gigabit adsl2+ with voip?

Thanks

I just use the bob lite cost $99 and it sets its self up never had any issues with it hope it helps

• The Following User Says Thank You to carjackma For This Useful Post:

skreskajona (16-03-13)

• 26-03-16, 03:43 PM

Reason
    useless crap to get post count up to PM I suspect