Thread: $1.50 mobile phone.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Default $1.50 mobile phone.

Hmmmmm, mobile phone that basicaly only makes and receives calls and Text messages, no 'Social' media 'Apps' but has a torch, calculator, calendar, FM radio,games and an alarm.
    Screen size is a massive 1.5 inch and weighs 60 grams and measures 106mm long by 46mm wide by 14mm thick.

Personally I cannot see such a phone having a place in the market except for Techno Cretins like me who only see a mobile phone as exactly that, a MOBILE telephone.
    The phone is being sold by Alcatel in the UK and works on their O2 network whatever that is.

The UK website is PrePayMania.co.uk
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Looks like a subsidized handset, locked of course!

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,206 Times in 607 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    The phone is being sold by Alcatel in the UK and works on their O2 network whatever that is.
    FYI:

The O2 brand is maintained as the trademark provided by the commercial offer for mobile, landline and broadband services in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Czech Republic and Slovakia. Within the new brand model, O2 establishes closer ties with all the Telefónica Group brands.
    The Telefónica Group is a spanish telecom enterprise. The different operations of the Telefónica Group in 25 countries are organised into two geographical regions, Europe and Latin America. Telefónica also operates in China and Italy through shareholdings China Unicom and Telecom Italia.

• The Following User Says Thank You to jwoegerbauer For This Useful Post:

tristen (23-03-13)