Thread: have engin voip but have trouble now with modem etc it looks like

Banned
    Thanks

Unhappy have engin voip but have trouble now with modem etc it looks like

hi everyone, i have an engin voicebox 3 by netgear i have 2 voip lines and 1 telstra line.my modem is a netgear with the 2 voip phone sockets and 1 pstn phone setting .2 days ago we had a minor power surge, ive been with engin for 2 years this year never had no trouble ,the trouble im having is only 1 voip line is working now and the other is dead ,also there is a loud noise in my engin line and there wernt before .also when i use my telstra phone i can hear the voip people but they cannot here me ,also on my engin line im getting a high pitched squeel through my first line of my engin voice box 3 which wasnt there before ,can anyone tell me if the modem is totalled or could there be a fix for this .the modem model is a netgear dg834gv-1 also has a 4 port router modem ,if the modem is stuffed can anyone reccomend what type of modem to get to replace this .thanks hamguy2 nsw

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Have you tried rebooting it from the menu@192.168.0.1 ?

I am on my third unit in 12 months , the quality and reliability of these units is very disappointing compared to my old Netgear unit which hasnt missed a beat but doesnt have voip.

You could also try a factory reset by pushing something pointy in the hole in thr back for 10 seconds or so , but remember you will have to re add your isp details and password.

Ironically , I also have one line that keeps going down at the moment Luckily , I was able to fix my second unit as Netgear didnt want it back so I might put that one back on.