Thread: Aston Simba Error Code and solution.

Thanks

Default Aston Simba Error Code and solution.

When I turned on my Aston Simba HD "Outre Mer" , ( as supplied from New Caledonia ) the other afternoon I got an unexpected error code. The Aston simply wouldn`t do anything. After some research I found a link to the Aston site in France. The site wants to know your serial number and the units retailer etc and then supplied a one hour access to a download link for a reboot file. The file for this model of Aston its called simbaom.bin ( other models may have different files ?? ).
    The file is loaded onto a USB drive and plugged into the turned off Aston Simba, it is then powered up and if you have your TV connected you will see an option come up ( in French ) to which you "OK" on the Aston remote control and then leave it for a minute or so. I then powered down and removed the USB key After a bit of flickering of the screen and reboot and an error code message again with another ok on the remote, another reboot etc it burst into life and now works just fine. The file says it works for Astons with serial numbers 3260 - 259 -1 -xxxxx but mine was later ie 3260 - 260 - 1 xxxxx but it has worked fine. I think the problem is to do with either failed over the air upgrade or problems with the ( optional ) external hard drive.
    Last edited by vfastbear; 17-03-13 at 06:42 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vfastbear For This Useful Post:

Bizzibee (18-03-13),tristen (17-03-13)

Look Here ->
    Thanks

If anyone wants the links to the Aston site for the SIMBA HD Outre-mer, here they are:

Details about firmware update (in English)

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________
    An update is available for SIMBA HD Premium overseas.

Update only applies to SIMBA HD Overseas whose serial number begins with 3 260 259.

List of changes made ​​by the update v1.0010

Fixed a problem with the recording on an external hard drive. This update is recommended to fully enjoy your SIMBA HD Outre-Mer

Procedure to update your SIMBA HD

Copy the file "simbaom.bin" file on a USB key.
    Insert the USB key into your SIMBA HD Overseas then turn it on.
    When the greeting "Information SIMBA HD" appears, press the "EXIT" button on the remote. The "Setup" menu appears.
    Navigate to the section "Updating the receiver" and choose update via USB.
    The display shows SimbaHD "Prog USB" and "Read File" then "Check Sig" and "FLA Prog" and "Prog OK".
    Wait and the receiver restarts automatically displaying the number of the new version.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________

Details about firmware update (in French)

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________

Une mise à jour est disponible pour SIMBA HD Premium Outre-mer.

Mise à jour uniquement valable pour les SIMBA HD Outre-Mer dont le numéro de série commence par 3 260 259.

Liste des modifications apportées par la mise à jour v1.0010

Correction d'un problème concernant l'enregistrement sur un disque dur externe. Cette mise à jour est recommandée pour profiter pleinement de votre SIMBA® HD Outre mer.

Procédure de mise à jour de votre SIMBA HD

Copier le fichier "simbaom.bin" téléchargé sur une clef USB.
    Insérer la clef USB dans votre SIMBA HD Outre mer puis le mettre sous tension.
    Lorsque le message d'accueil "Informations SIMBA HD" apparait, appuyer sur la touche "EXIT" de la telecommande. Le menu "Paramétrage" apparait.
    Naviguer jusqu'à la section "Mise à jour du récepteur" et choisir la mise à jour par USB.
    L'afficheur du SimbaHD affiche "Prog USB" puis "Read File" puis "Check Sig" puis "FLA Prog" puis "Prog OK".
    Attendre et le récepteur redémarre automatiquement en affichant le numéro de la nouvelle version.

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Bizzibee; 19-03-13 at 04:39 PM. Reason: To add original French Language info about Firmware

• The Following User Says Thank You to Bizzibee For This Useful Post:

ol' boy (19-03-13)