Thread: OfficeSIP Voip Server

Thanks

Default OfficeSIP Voip Server

OfficeSIP is a freeware voip server and messenger that looks very interesting. Has anyone here tried it:

Several years ago, I experimented with voip programming in the hope of making my own voip server and client to use within my home network and with family members via the internet. My motivation was to avoid having to connect through third party servers. I had the basics working within the lan but eventually gave it up as too hard for me.

On first reading, OfficeSIP seems to do everything I wanted and more. It seems a little too good to be true. Since I only stumbled across it today, I haven't had a chance to try it yet. The messenger and conferencing clients are open source but apparently not the server which is described as freeware.

Comments from anyone who has used it would be appreciated.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Coldamus For This Useful Post:

ertcrueystewa (19-05-14),esbardneymarku (12-05-14),ncruthirdsshare (20-05-14),nnonnick (20-05-14),towingtonisma (15-05-14),uahaleuamorg (19-05-14),yogleyarma (11-05-14)

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Coldamus View Post
    OfficeSIP is a freeware voip server and messenger that looks very interesting. Has anyone here tried it:

Several years ago, I experimented with voip programming in the hope of making my own voip server and client to use within my home network and with family members via the internet. My motivation was to avoid having to connect through third party servers. I had the basics working within the lan but eventually gave it up as too hard for me.

On first reading, OfficeSIP seems to do everything I wanted and more. It seems a little too good to be true. Since I only stumbled across it today, I haven't had a chance to try it yet. The messenger and conferencing clients are open source but apparently not the server which is described as freeware.

Comments from anyone who has used it would be appreciated.
    Thank you very much for sharing. I am actually looking for a VOIP services that is free and actually allows one to receive calls without any initial down payment. I hope this is one such service. I am going to check out the link right now.

• The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lin For This Useful Post:

ertcrueystewa (19-05-14),esbardneymarku (12-05-14),ncruthirdsshare (20-05-14),nnonnick (20-05-14),towingtonisma (15-05-14),uahaleuamorg (19-05-14),yogleyarma (11-05-14)

Thanks

Why don't you guys try Elastix and Astrisks?, you can do whatever you like within it, user friendly and most importantly it's free

• The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nixtaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

asterisk is better, and is it flexible and easy to customize..

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to alexmartin For This Useful Post:

esbardneymarku (12-05-14),ncruthirdsshare (20-05-14),nnonnick (20-05-14),uahaleuamorg (19-05-14),yogleyarma (12-05-14)

Thanks

Asterisk on Beaglebone......

It just works, I've been using asterisk at home for 7+ years both on PCs and Embedded systems, its just fantastic

Banned
    Thanks

It's amazing. Go for it

Thanks

This is an old thread i've just found here ,but now that i'm doing some projects of sip through DMR radios it has an invaluable information..

Thanks a lot guys for all ...
    Good testing