Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Openbox S10 that re-boots ONLY on HD on Intelsat 19.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Default Openbox S10 that re-boots ONLY on HD on Intelsat 19.

Here is one for you.
    I bought 2 Openboxes S10 from ebay last week and have fully loaded them up with over 10 Satellites but one of them is misbehaving when selecting HD Channels ONLY on Intelsat 19. Yes only on Intelsat 19 (NHK world and BBC World) no other HD Channels are effected by this box on other HD channels on other Satellites "eg" Asiasat 5 @100.5 deg E (Fashion TV + the TRACE HD Channels).
    Now on Intelsat 19 the effected box as soon as you select NHK World or BBC World on it THE BOX RE-BOOTS 90% of the time withing the first 5 seconds of changing channel. No other SD Channels have this problem on this satellite or any other Satellite..
    I have noticed that both boxes have different what I think is the software version.
    The Effected box has = C2HS2-11-10-22:0157CMT

The other S10 that does not have this re-boot on HD problem has firmware = C2HS2-11-10-10:0579CMT.

Also please note that the effected box (re-booting itself) behaves even worst if I have my HDMI Switcher turned on. It really spits the dummy out on these two HD channels on Intelsat 19 if my HDMI switcher is on. Again the other Openbox S10 is fine. (The HDMI Switcher is 0.7 of a M away)
    Any clues guy what could be causing this problem? could it be software related or is it an interference problem or poor shielding on the effected box.?
    Another thing I have noticed is that the effected box has a Figure eight 240V lead not a fixed connected one. I have been told that the Figure eight one is a Clone.
    Thanks

Look Here ->
    Thanks

genuine s10s can have ether a fixed lead or fig 8 lead. (as can clones)both units have way out of date firmware .
    Just pop on the latest firmware and I think your issues will disappear .
    here's a link for the firmware . this is the last firmware avail for the s10.(that I know of) fixes most probs inc reboot issues.

• The Following User Says Thank You to carjackma For This Useful Post:

Mr 672A (06-04-13)

Thanks

I had this issue for ages with my S10, never really managed to solve it. Out of interest, are you plugging a device in to the USB? I haven't tried that lately.

My power board crapped out a couple of weeks ago, I haven't had any reset issues since I put the new one in. That might be something to do with it.

• The Following User Says Thank You to allstarnz For This Useful Post:

Mr 672A (06-04-13)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by allstarnz View Post
    Out of interest, are you plugging a device in to the USB?
    No. All I have used the USB port for so far is to save all the New Sats,Transponders, you name it to usb and export it to the other box which is the good one that received these files and it worked ok.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carjackma View Post
    genuine s10s can have ether a fixed lead or fig 8 lead. (as can clones)both units have way out of date firmware .
    here's a link for the firmware . this is the last firmware avail for the s10.(that I know of) fixes most probs inc reboot issues.

Once again thanks mate,,,, it will be a tomorrow job for me to upgrade the F/W. Time to lear how to do it This arvo I turned on my backup computer and before windows xp even started to load it greeted me with a horrible message saying " You have a missing or corrupted Hal.dll file.
    eeeek and that is as far as the computer would go.!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    No. All I have used the USB port for so far is to save all the New Sats,Transponders, you name it to usb and export it to the other box which is the good one that received these files and it worked ok.
    the main issues I had was when I tried to plug a HDD in to the box to record.

When I nearly bricked my box, I updated to Skybox Firmware, can't recall which version though

Thanks

Interesting,I have the same problem with a Strong SRT4629II box. Only happens on Aus network. I assumed that it was to do with my signal strength, less than 45%. I am in NZ using a 1.8 solid dish.

Thanks

Problem fixed!!! I downloaded the last firmware for these boxes and all is ok now. Once again thanks mate for heading me in the right direction.

OPENBOX_S10_CMT_1213

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

allstarnz (08-04-13),viewer (08-04-13)

Thanks

Your welcome

Thanks

Well I spoke to soon.
    The Openbox S10 is re-booting itself again on the same two channels on Intelsat 19 being NHK World and BBC World but seems to be ok like what I said before on Asiasat 5 @ 100 Deg E showing the two TRACE HD channels and Fashion TV HD.
    All SD channels on any Satellites are ok again its only the HD channels on Intelsat 19 that are effected.
    I have the latest firmware for the sick S10, I have another S10 with the same firmware and it does not suffer from the same problem as what the other does.
    Any clues guys?

Thanks

Are those channels the NTSC broadcast or PAL ?
    Its Hell in the Tropics

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kavakid View Post
    Are those channels the NTSC broadcast or PAL ?
    I tested on the pal one only

Thanks

I reflashed the S10 today with a earlier firmware (the one before,, OPENBOX_S10_111117) and its still the same. The box re-boots only on NHK world and on BBC world on Intelsat 19. Now what i have noticed is that it must be heat related as from cold it took 35 minutes this time to spit the dummy. after that its a 1 to 2 minute procession of re-boots. I wonder if its a problem of a high bit rate on NHK + BBC and the box cant handle it as I tested it again on Asiasat 5 3 HD channels for hours and the box operated correctly. All these services are in MPEG4. NHK, BBC, Fashion TV, TRACE Sports, Trace two but might differ in the bit rate.
    By the way I contacted NHK World TV and was told that the Video bit rate for NHK World HD on Intelast 19 is 12.2mb/s

Thanks

Just found out from the supplier that this series of S10's have a bug in them that effects NHK World TV HD and the BBC World HD on Intelsat 19. Hummmmm Interesting

Thanks

doesn't make sense mine doesn't do what yours does? nor have any of my customers said about the issue either so I will have to investigate deeper...
    I import a few so Ill chat with the manufacturer today and see what he says. Ill get back to you.

Thanks

doesn't make sense mine doesn't do what yours does? nor have any of my customers said about the issue either so I will have to investigate deeper...
    I import a few so Ill chat with the manufacturer today and see what he says. Ill get back to you.
    They have asked me to take a video of it re-booting like if they think I'm lying and trying to rip off the seller. They asked me if I would like to keep it and use it elsewhere which I can as most on this forum know I have a Sat farm and plenty of different Boxes with different monitors to watch different channels all at the same time. I told them first that I will keep the box and use it only dedicated to SD and one of my monitors and they will refund me $10 which I don't really care if they do or do not. What they need is visually testing the box not getting a video of it rebooting.
    I have just finished setting up this sick S10 in our other TV room as (still no good, re-boots,re-boots) when I take this video I do not want it taken showing my main SAT TV room. (PS will have to find a SD Not HD video option on our camera as a 5 Min HD video is around 400meg on a low setting HD) To replace this sick box I have bought a S16.
    I wonder if this sick box is a clone??? two days earlier before I bought the sick box I bought another S10 from a different supplier on E Spray and this box works 100% ok. This good box according to the seller is a genuine not a clone
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 13-04-13 at 11:35 AM.

Thanks

Can someone please tell me how to send a 3 minute video WMV 113 Meg via an email? its seems its not possible as its to large. I have already gone to to much trouble to prove to the ebay seller that this box is faulty. Only other way for me is to burn a CD and post it to him.

Thanks

Maybe you need to convert it to an mp4 or H.264 based file (using one of the free or trial video converter programs). These formats should be more efficient and 3 minutes may not be more than a couple of meg. Most mail servers will refuse to send or receive such large (including attachments) emails. Alternatively, re-video with a modern mobile phone that uses mpeg4 (or H.264) compression.
    Vu+Duo OpenVix 3.0 with Avermedia Usb dual DVB-T (Model A825)
    Optus C1/D3 and Optus D1

Thanks

You can easily use a site like

to upload and share that file

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AJM View Post
    Most mail servers will refuse to send or receive such large (including attachments) emails. Alternatively, re-video with a modern mobile phone that uses mpeg4 (or H.264) compression.
    Correct. I'm going to burn a DVD and post it to him

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast