Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many types of dual (twin) LNB's exist?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

It's also possible it's a dual output LNB, but one output leg is faulty.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 1,066 Posts

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by NickF View Post
    Please explain the term "SINGLE" from the label of the LNB and maybe then I'll believe you. It's very easy for me to put the LNB back on the roof. I've swapped three LNB's in the last weeks for about 30 times, so one more time does not matter. I know that the 22kHz signal is used to select the upper frequency band. The voltages 18V and 13V are used to select the horizontal or vertical polarization.
    There would be only one possibility which I haven't tried today. If we assume that one output works on the lower frequency range and the other one works on the upper frequency range (incorrect)and if we also assume that by switching the 22kHz signal will swap the Local Oscillators ( incorrect the Hi and Lo bands are selected automatically by the Transponder/Channel selected with 22KHz Tone.)and respectively the low frequency output will become high frequency output, ( as above, Incorrect) that I haven't tried indeed (today). But if when the system is setup so that one output is working correctly, then by moving the coax cable to the other output is definitely not working. ( Exactly, move the working decoder between LNB outputs) And in comparison, after I setup the SatKing LNB on one output, I was able to move the cable to the other output and have all the found channels available. " That confirms everything that We have been trying to tell you."

Regards,
    Nicolae
    Never mind, wont be long before you're an expert.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    It's also possible it's a dual output LNB, but one output leg is faulty.
    Yes, that would also be possible. The Optus D2 only transmits in the upper frequency range and I do not have a way to identify if the other output sends out anything, unless I will point the dish to a different satellite.

Regards,
    Nicolae

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beer4life View Post
    Never mind, wont be long before you're an expert.
    Hi again Beer4Life,
    Moving the coax cable with the receiver set up properly from one output to the other one was the SECOND thing I've done. My first attempt to receive satellite channels I used the (low frequency or faulty) output. At that time I switched 13V-18V, 22kHz on/off, selected universal LNB, all these things.
    My questions about the LNB's on the forum started only after I noticed there was reception on one output and no receiption on the second output. Being a new LNB, and me not having experience in this field, I could not presume the second output is faulty, I rather looked for an explanation, maybe there are more types of LNB's that have two outputs.
    If everybody is so convinced the LNB I got should work with two receivers (or one receiver to either of the outputs), then the only conclusion is the LNB has a faulty output. After all, they are just about the cheapest on the market.

Regards,
    Nicolae

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Faulty new LNB's are not overly common, but I have seen a couple in the past.

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12