Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bosch 16 Plus

Thanks

Default Bosch 16 Plus

Hey all,

My work situation has changed so I won't be at home most of the time and need to get some sort of monitoring happening for when I'm not here.

So far I need to cross off:
    1. Security Shutters - in flight. All glass openings! AC powered with DC redundancy.
    2. CCTV - still reading/finding information. I want something with clear (non pixelated) faces upon playback. I'll scour a forum/the internet for a product/solution.
    3. A dog. (Need to find a breed which is OK with 9 to 5ers...wanted an Akita!

The house will be is/pretty secure and I'm definitely in an overkill mindset (I'm no longer getting 3M Security Film on all glass lol). Which brings me to
    4. Alarm Monitoring.

Alarm Monitoring. I've got a Bosch 16 Plus and while ago I bought a dodgy Ebay GSM Dialler with the intent to self monitor+cleaver/fight any intruders. I never actually hooked it up to the alarm (that 44V thing I have no idea how to fix or if it applied to me) and instead used it as my home phone (lol). I guess I got lazy, given my new situation I need something!

I still feel like I can get away with a back to bodgy solution...however how would/did you screen a potential B2B monitoring company?
    I don't have a home phone line (dropped adsl and got cable internet) but can get it re-activated unless there is a better/more up to date technology used by the mainstream (priced accordingly also).

hah. I still need to build a remote controlled gate so a removal Van can't reverse up and take all my stuff! Thoughts? Solution 144 looks nice with the CM744B but then would a monitoring company be able to use it?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Does your GSM dialler have two ports so that it makes a call via PSTN if available and then switches to GSM if not?

If so, you could connect your alarm panel into the Line port and your VoIP equipment (if you have any) into the PSTN port. Then you'd have to run some tests to find out if you can get signals through to a monitoring company using either your VoIP or GSM. If they both fail, as I expect they will, PM me and I will provide you with a phone number that will allow both of them to work. If you then want monitoring service I can can connect you to a Back to Base monitoring company on the Central Coast.

Thanks

The dialler has two ports but it doesnt fit a lan/rj45 cable, has only the 4 pin connectors.

I've set it to domestic dial for now until I find something a bit more robust.

Thanks

So i've been playing around and was trying to get the sms option working, and I'm finding the dialler is placing a call the 'gateway' #s?? no sms is received.

I followed these steps with no dice:

I guess this doesnt work via a GSM dialler...same as this problems as thread )

Banned
    Thanks

They wont send SMS over GSM. Bosch sell a voice module which will give you a voice message as to what is happening

Thanks

If he's just using a dialer capture gsm shouldn't it just retransmit exactly what was received from the panel thru the bosch/Telstra SMS gateway? Or do they only work with contact ID format and not SMS format?

Thanks

Just a thought, are you using the correct SMS gateway number for your sim provider?

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheAlarmGuy View Post
    If he's just using a dialer capture gsm shouldn't it just retransmit exactly what was received from the panel thru the bosch/Telstra SMS gateway? Or do they only work with contact ID format and not SMS format?
    That is what I thought & got caught out. Bosch tech support confirmed but really couldn't give a satisfactory explaination why. The voice module works ok and the messages can be customised

Thanks

Just a thought, are you using the correct SMS gateway number for your sim provider?
    Its via Amaysim...dont know if this would make any diff? as the dialler places a call to whatever # I set (seen via the lcd).

I'll dig more into the voice module, thanks for the suggestion.

Perhaps a silly question...how do I change the box tamper triggering the siren/piezo when I want to tinker with the insides? I'm running to the keypad atm lol...

Thanks

Yes it does make a difference, each network provider has their own sms gateway number.

As for it making a voice call it shouldn't make a difference but definitely does for SMS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KAMBO View Post
    Perhaps a silly question...how do I change the box tamper triggering the siren/piezo when I want to tinker with the insides? I'm running to the keypad atm lol...
    Put in in 'Service Mode' which disables the dialler and siren.

Thanks

Default Re disable tamper

Its via Amaysim...dont know if this would make any diff? as the dialler places a call to whatever # I set (seen via the lcd).

I'll dig more into the voice module, thanks for the suggestion.

Kambo, with the installer code you can enter "Service Mode" in menu 708. That would disable the tamper.

• The Following User Says Thank You to gristle For This Useful Post:

KAMBO (19-05-13)

Thanks

I'll grab the voice module, looks pretty straight forward and will make the beeps actually mean something lol. Just need to check the firmware version when I get home tn before I order it.

To save on postage, I'm thinking of grabbing some other stuff, like a panic button (where should I put it!), the Bosch RF3212E serial receiver and a couple of remotes (and wire) also with the intention to replace my garage door remotes.
    The garage came with a B&D TRG-306 (303Mhz)...I've yet to rip off the cover (besides changing the pin) and was wondering what to look out for (check for compatibility?).

Banned
    Thanks

The RF3212E receiver won't directly replace the B&D receiver. You will need to program buttons 3 & 4 to trigger an alarm output to operate a relay. The relay in turn is wired to the manual switch terminals on the Roller Door controller.

• The Following User Says Thank You to watchdog For This Useful Post:

KAMBO (20-05-13)

Thanks

For the wiring between Bosch & Roller PCBs would I use the Relay to the left of the Dialler/Status LEDs on the bosch panel? Or do I use OUT3?

The RF3212E looks pretty straight forward to hook up according to

I searched the forums and read a few threads...and I'm a bit confused when it comes to "Relays"...why did Dimeco need to buy (Alarm Relay Module)?
    Last edited by KAMBO; 20-05-13 at 03:30 PM.

Thanks

I tried 13450641 & 125107 to no avail. Not sure if Amaysim would be different (didn't try Optus's 61411990001)...but I thought because the GSM dialler was actually dialling any number I entered this was incorrect behaviour and is not going to work (as opposed to having the wrong #). I'll try it 61411990001 anyways.

Thanks

since Amaysim use the optus network, you should try the optus numbers

Banned
    Thanks

For the wiring between Bosch & Roller PCBs would I use the Relay to the left of the Dialler/Status LEDs on the bosch panel? Or do I use OUT3?

The RF3212E looks pretty straight forward to hook up according to

I searched the forums and read a few threads...and I'm a bit confused when it comes to "Relays"...why did Dimeco need to buy (Alarm Relay Module)?
    That relay is usually used for the internal piezo. If it is not used then yes you can reprogram it & use it to trigger the rolloer door. Otherwise you will need to program up O/P 3 (if it is not used) as an event type 53 or 54 (for button 3 or 4) , O/P polarity type 4 & Time parameter of whatever you want ( I use 20 x 1/10 sec)
    Then you will need to get a relay & wire it (the coil) between +12v & your chosen O/P. Also across the same points you will need to wire a diode ( IN4001 will do ) in REVERSE polarity. This is to suppress the back emf spike that is generated when power is removed from the coil and protects the O/P transistor on the alarm pcb. Now just identify the normally open contacts on the relay & wire them to the manual switch control terminals on the door controller. easy as pie
    Last edited by watchdog; 20-05-13 at 05:32 PM.

Thanks

I've set it to domestic dial for now until I find something a bit more robust.
    OK - so your alarm panel is now connected to your GSM unit and can make phone calls?

Does your mobile phone provider give you access to an Email2SMS gateway so that if you send an email to YourMobileNumber@YourProvider.com.au it will send you an SMS?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IPAlarms View Post
    OK - so your alarm panel is now connected to your GSM unit and can make phone calls?

Does your mobile phone provider give you access to an Email2SMS gateway so that if you send an email to YourMobileNumber@YourProvider.com.au it will send you an SMS?
    I'm not sure, Optus does have such a it looks quite pricey. I wouldn't know how to test it (e.g. whats my mobiles email address?).

How would this work? Alarm triggers something over broadband which sends EmailSMS to me?

• Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast