Info I've found on this streamer

The vizio costar is dynamite. Really the difference between the two is content.
If you want more channels Roku is better by far, but if you want to surf the
web annd have great apps like NAVI-X to watch movies the costar is seamless
actually it's a Boxee Box on steroids. I have all three. The roku is in the kids
room.

You'll love the co-star....be sure and download the "tv portal" app....and the
1channel app...also the playon app (if your running playon).....i hardly use roku
that much anymore since acquiring the co-star....but your right...the two together
with playon....and you won't miss anything.

Rob:

Here is my review of the google tv (vizio co-star). Before I say a thing, let me say
I am NOT tech savy, have no idea what I am doing, but good at pushing buttons. I have
never even been able to set up plex to its full potential, or Twonky for that matter.
The set up was quite long and lot of instructions to push this, choose that, etc.
You have to have or log into a google account, which I have but never, ever use.
So therefore if I get email from them I will never see it.

Finally after about an hour or so it was set up. It does work the tv volume, as well as
stream, but it will not give you live tv unless you run it through a cable box,
satellite box, etc.

Overall. I do like being able to have a web browser on the tv. I like the IMDB app,
but Plex cost $0.99. I am not thrilled with the netflix pre-installed app,
or the youtube app. On Roku I can use youtube and search related videos on google tv
you don't have that option.

I do like the larger remote, smaller is not always better. I don't like having to hold
the blue fn key down while pressing other function buttons, which is small and very hard
to see, but I do like, for the most part, the qwerty keyboard.

I personally specifically bought this to watch videos on retro-cafe.com and they will
not load at all.

PlayOn might be slightly easier to use on google tv, but so very slight really. It does
come free with google tv, so if you haven't purchased PlayOn and want google tv,
that could be the incentive to get it. As I had previously purchased a lifetime license
that was no real incentive for me.

I foresee us not using it much at all. For us Roku 3 is easier to navigate, and has a
wider selection of channels scripts/plugins. Even my 20 year old daughter prefers
Roku 3 over google tv, but will use it for the browser on occasion.

Would I purchase it again?? I doubt it, but I won't be sending it back either.
I still like my Roku best, but maybe in time I will see what more it has to offer.
I have worked with it about 3 hours constantly one day and about 3 hours constantly
another day and am just worn out trying to figure out what more I can do with it.
It appears most apps do cost and very few that I want are free, whereas there are tons
of free on Roku.

I would highly recommend watching all the videos you can find on youtube about vizio
co-star before purchasing one. Tech-harvest has the best or most informative videos
I watched while doing my research on this set top box. He, like me, does not have live tv,
so that helped me enormously when setting up my box.

That is video about setting it up and what it will do. I did not list the unboxing
as I figured we all know how to do that part.

Jana