Thread: FTA TV embracing IPTV to save itself

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,871 Times in 886 Posts

Default FTA TV embracing IPTV to save itself

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pheggie For This Useful Post:

kevin1341 (21-05-13),OSIRUS (21-05-13),tristen (23-05-13)

Look Here ->
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

I remember the early advertising by 'FreeView' when the Digital changeover timetable was announced and they mentioned the prospects of having a PPV as an option.
    This was when 'Freeview' pinched that car advert and were claiming that without a 'Freeview' approved devise, you would not be able to access 'All Services'.
    Now this may well be the opportunity they need to introduce such services if this Hbb is like VAST and a totally new system outside the current FTA TV system that can be totally controlled from Day One.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

Freeview? Set the standard for IPTV? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. WIN got so frustrated with Freeview's failed attempts (remember that integrated catchup was supposed to be in place for a couple of years now) that it quit the organisation and publicly stated how hopeless it though Freeview was at technical matters. A great marketing tool, yes. A standards body, no.

Premium Member

Thanks

They always talk a good game but when it gets down to delivering, there are so many compromises built in to protect their existing business model that we end up with rubbish.

They'll charge too much, the quality will be poor, they'll go into partnerships with telephone companies that force you to use their broadband, they'll under deliver on content and they'll force you to use their crappy box. They'll probably also build something in really annoying because they're afraid you'll pirate episodes of Petticoat Junction.