Thread: Overwrote my factory gmapsupp.img on my 62s

Thanks

Default Overwrote my factory gmapsupp.img on my 62s

As per title, I accidentally overwrote the gmapsupp.img that came supplied with my new 62s. I did this in haste to re-load my old maps that I had on Mapsource.

Now I am not sure what was on this file but I would like to get back.
    So please let me know if you can help out with a suitable factory gmapsupp.img for an Australian delivered Garmin 62s.
    Cheers.

Look Here ->
    Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

I know you don't want to hear this, however for anyone else that reads this thread, BACKUP everything before you play with your GPS.

When you send a map using Mapsource to your gps it overwrites your gmapsupp.img, You should have read my tutorial first??

* Mapsource will make a folder called Garmin on your device or card & will overwrite any map named gmapsupp.img in that folder if one already exists.

Having said that, Google what mapset was included as your "Factory" gmapsupp.img for your 62s & replace it with a mapset from this forum or wherever you find it.

If you can tell me what mapset it was I can lead you to the most recent to replace it.
    From memory my brothers 62s came with Tracks for Aust (T4A) or maybe Shonky Topo: EDIT: It probably depends on where you purchased it from, they give you free maps on a small SD card to entice you to buy, while they are useful they are highly inaccurate. BTW these 2 maps are free to download

You would be better off with OZ Topo &/or Garmin Topo, that's what I use on my etrex & I also got them for my brother too.
    Last edited by Tiny; 27-05-13 at 07:32 PM.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."