Thread: name servers

Thanks

Default name servers

im in the process of creating a virtual host. and running virtualmin - webmin

my installation as noted and running a static IP and dns provided to me my internet provider.

1. I have installed Centos 6.4, and using basic server,
    2. i have portforward my public address, access. "".""."".""
    3. ok now i have configured my system etho as manual config, wired, opt as it is running through a network switch with 3 other servers, plus 2 hp storageworks of optical HD

Ip4: Addresses (home LAN 192.168.0.") Netmask (default) 255.255.255.0 Gateway (default) 192.168.0.1 usually

DNS 1. 203.134."".""
    2. 203.134."".""

and have set ipv6 as automatic.

now for the hostname, i have given it localhost.domain2.tld
    (which hostname is my actual server running the os)

ok everything installs well, and i have tested it using the ifconfig cmd using putty ssl, and is running on air as well as lan.

now what im confused about is this.. when installing virtualmin setup it asks for the current hostname,
    the server must be set to a valid FQDN (fully quallified domain name) i have paid and registered a name,
    which gives me ns1 and ns2 dns. my question is this is the fully qualified domain name the my actual server localhost.domain2.tld
    which is portforwarded to go public and registered to a domain name which i am paying for. or just the domain name that i am paying for. http://www.hos""""ook.com

what i have done so far is it installed ok, so far to what i can understand and see, i have also yum updated all, prior to installing virtualmin webmin.
    it comes up as hos""""ook.com in public, which is great.. but virtual min it comes under localhost.domain2.tld.. instead of hos""""ook.com

also im able to send mail using mailman smpt 4 but cannot recieve mail... through my server and the same with squiral mail.

there is a binding process which i am not to sure on how to fix..

i am a newbi to this.

cheers.
    sometimes you gotta deal with it

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Not 100% sure I understand what your problem is... But, you might need to add your FQDN into the /etc/hosts file or more so the external server name - ie

Are you getting errors, or anything from the log files??

Thanks

Do you plan on putting your whole network on the Internet?

From what I can gather from your message, you just want to host your own email server locally?

You should be setting up a local (private) domain with it's own DNS, and setting up a DMZ with whichever machines/services you wish to expose to the world.