Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Humax HDR-1003S Problems thread

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ericge View Post
    Here is an interesting one... I bought a Humax HDR-1003S Vast box, put it on an existing system. Every seemed to start perfectly but after a few minutes the volume bar appeared across the screen, set at zero volume. If I press TV on the remote, none of the other buttons function at all. I can't even switch off. If I press PVR on the remote, I can use the other buttons. I can also increase the volume, right up to max, but as soon as I take my thumb off the button, the volume declines back to zero and the bar stays there.

I checked cables etc and switched where I could, turned everything apart from the TV (GVA G50HDPL1 via HDMI cable), but nothing changed. So my supplier checked the box in his shop - everything fine. Took it home - same problem. The supplier came to check and told me to come to his shop for a replacement box. Installed that and - here's the interesting bit - exactly the same thing happened. Both the supplier and I are stumped.

Any suggestions? They would be very welcome.
    I also have this problem but only worse. as well as the above I am a grey nomad so in some camp sites unit works great, next camp it will do as above plus at time it will start rolling through the channels at other time it will turn itself off. Each of these problems is always proceded by the volume bar appearing and setting itself to zero. At other times it will have me rescan for tv channels which results in after a couple of weeks of doing this I end up with a swag of abc channel2 1 2 3 for each state plus sbs 1 2 3 so I than have to delete all channels and rescan.
    This happens in probable 50% of the camps I've been in in QLD NSW VIC SA and TAS.

Has anybody got any further suggestion, I have tried all of whats been suggested so far

Regards Cracka

Thanks

Had my Humax now for about a year, with no issues at all, then suddenly the last few weeks have had a situation where, when switched on from standby it shows the channel on the st box, comes up with the channel info bar on bottom of screen but no picture ? screen goes blank.

I go to guide and all programs are showing in the list and I can change channel etc. but no picture or sound.

Switched off and on still no go, so then did a factory reset and rescan and up it comes fine !

May also add that when it does this I go into installation and both tuners have signal and quality and appear to be fine.

Checked out the HDMI cable and replaced but still the same issue, not every time it is used but maybe 50%, really weird.

Running through a Samsung Led tv with HDMI. TV works fine with other inputs.
    Last edited by banjo; 25-05-14 at 02:47 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Coast View Post
    It's happened again! Happens when you are watching TV (Channel A), recording Channel B, and try to record Channel C.

Click on image to see full size:

Well, I have a new Humax, at a different address, connected to a different satellite dish, but I'm still getting at least one "RECORDING FAILED, UNABLE TO TRACK" error a day. Sometimes I get up to 3 of these errors a day.

I really hope the software update fixes this!

Thanks

the 1003 only has 2 tuners?

so i am finding it hard to imagine how you could ever get to watch one program live while recording two other programs on different channels?
    Last edited by user1829; 16-07-14 at 11:31 AM.

Thanks

Well, I have a new Humax, at a different address, connected to a different satellite dish, but I'm still getting at least one "RECORDING FAILED, UNABLE TO TRACK" error a day. Sometimes I get up to 3 of these errors a day.

I really hope the software update fixes this!
    About all you can do in the meantime is to manually enter timers. Once on the EPG press the yellow button which will take yo to the section where you can manually set a recording. There is some sort of conflict set up if you set more than one timer at the same time if you use the EPG. It is a real PIA and a pretty fundamental bug that should have never occurred in the first place. Last time I actually spoke to someone about this they blamed the commercial stations for not cooperating but who knows.
    Having trouble configuring the remote to control the cat

• The Following User Says Thank You to Tassie Devil For This Useful Post:

user1829 (16-07-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by user1829 View Post
    the 1003 only has 2 tuners?

so i am finding it hard to imagine how you could ever get to watch one program live while recording two other programs on different channels?
    I reckon that the answer to this is that each tuner can tune to a different frequency -- that gives 2 available frequencies at one time. Now each frequency can have several channels on them. For example, 12 647 MHz has 5 channels -- 2,22,23,4 and 70. The data that is broadcast for each channel is sent in packets which are numbered [so they can be assembled in the right order] and labelled with the channel number. So one stream of data [ie one frequency] has a mixed stream of packets with different channel numbers labelling them. If you are recording a programme on say channel 2 then only the data packets from channel 2 are picked out, assembled and displayed.

So, if you also want to watch a third channel you can do so [if the decoder software allows it] if it is broadcast on one of the 2 frequencies that is currently tuned. The Altech DSR 4639 allows this as does the Satking which is pretty neat I reckon as it only has one tuner ie with the Satking you can watch one programme and record another as long as they are on the same frequency.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to transit For This Useful Post:

admin (16-07-14),Tiny (16-07-14),user1829 (16-07-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by transit View Post
    I reckon that the answer to this is that each tuner can tune to a different frequency -- that gives 2 available frequencies at one time. Now each frequency can have several channels on them. For example, 12 647 MHz has 5 channels -- 2,22,23,4 and 70. The data that is broadcast for each channel is sent in packets which are numbered [so they can be assembled in the right order] and labelled with the channel number. So one stream of data [ie one frequency] has a mixed stream of packets with different channel numbers labelling them. If you are recording a programme on say channel 2 then only the data packets from channel 2 are picked out, assembled and displayed.

So, if you also want to watch a third channel you can do so [if the decoder software allows it] if it is broadcast on one of the 2 frequencies that is currently tuned. The Altech DSR 4639 allows this as does the Satking which is pretty neat I reckon as it only has one tuner ie with the Satking you can watch one programme and record another as long as they are on the same frequency.
    Nicely explained Transit.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by transit View Post
    wow!

did not realise!

now... how to try and explain this to my wife!!!

i will try it out tonight and see if i get simlair errors to SC

Thanks

I'll try setting via EPG then going in and slightly editing times manually to see if that stops the error.

None of the explanations given above make much sense to me. And the error seems to occur randomly.

Thanks

Well, my modus operandi is to set the recording using the EPG and then going to manually edit the times by a few minutes each way. No "Could not track" failures so far ... will report back/

Thanks

Result of experiment: no "cannot track" errors since I began tweaking the times on the schedule. Problem solved. Annoying though..

Thanks

latest Humax update on "the update":

Thank you for contacting Humax Australia.

I am really sorry to inform this, but the update testing is kept delayed on Optus slot due to slight problem from our side.
    It is on testing slot again and will be released soon.

Thank you.

Kind regards

Thanks

latest Humax update on "the update":
    Thanks for that.

After all this time they better get it right.

That said I have some sympathy with what they are up against with the Freeview impost. The commercial stations do not seem to be cooperating as they promised resulting in a mess setting timers via EPG. They want it both ways - protection so hard drive files cannot be copied and restrictions on viewing like slow FF and no skipping, something pretty silly as I'm not likely to buy goods advertised for Darwin!!

Thanks

Just rang Humax again (the 6th time??) about the firmware update.

Message (if you can believe it) is that yes, Humax have finished and the firmware is now in the hands of Optus for approval so should be released "soomn". On being pressed about the "soon" it emerged it could be up to a month !!

Terrestrial reception is dying here lately so we will be relying on VAST more and more so hope it really is released soon. The box is fine as a STB but the timer recording can be unreliable if set up by EPG. The FF does not track properly either and ends up further ahead than the screen video indicates. There are other irritating quirks we can hope have been eliminated to make it the fine product we thought we were buying in the first place!

John

Thanks

I am really interested to see if they fix everything so please let us know after you have given it a fair test.

• The Following User Says Thank You to transit For This Useful Post:

Tiny (02-09-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tassie Devil View Post
    The FF does not track properly either and ends up further ahead than the screen video indicates.
    trying to watch the last few laps of the F1 Singapore recording and not throwing the STB through a window was hard...

ended up googling who won...

stupid Humax.

Thanks

And I struck another problem on Sunday night. Used chase play to see "Sunday" but when I caught up it stopped recording and went live. It incorrectly assumed I did not want to record any more.

Just rang them again - same story, the firmware is with Optus awaiting approval. Hopefully the end of the month but not guaranteed. The Optus bureaucracy appears as bad as the worst in Government.

Thanks

we might need to give a nudge?

Thanks

we might need to give a nudge?
    So do you suggest a rocket?

Thanks

Angry

Result of experiment: no "cannot track" errors since I began tweaking the times on the schedule. Problem solved. Annoying though..
    No, still getting the Cannot track error all the time. Literally every day, whenever 2 programs are to be taped simultaneously. Happens even when the TV is off and we are doing something else.

Typically the program will be listed twice, both with time shown as 0 minutes.

This is beyond annoying! They need to fix the firmware asap.

Remember, this is the 2nd unit I have has that does this. The other one was installed at a separate address too. So this is not just me or my setup, this must be happening to many people.
    Last edited by Sunshine Coast; 01-11-14 at 07:26 PM.

• Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast