Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Humax HDR-1003S Problems thread

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    This may be unrelated, but have you checked there are no buttons on the remote (or on the box) that are stuck down?
    Yeah, pulled the batteries out of the remote but it still happens. I took the batteries out of every remote in the house just in case there was some cross interference but it still happens. Both the volume issue and the channel issue happen even when the box is unplugged from the TV, so it's not an HDMI issue.

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,650 Posts

That's annoying for you, I think you got it right when you said "Am I correct in thinking there is no fix for this?"

I don't remember anyone saying they got this fixed other than by getting a different VAST box.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Thanks

Hi CountryBoy,
    I see from your posts that this is a new unit so still under warranty. Like others here have said before -- there are problems with all STBs being a bit buggy, but this has gone beyond a joke. It is clearly not fit for purpose and you should probably return it. It sounds like you tried really hard to resolve it -- must be really frustrating to have a new unit do this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by transit View Post
    Hi CountryBoy,
    I see from your posts that this is a new unit so still under warranty. Like others here have said before -- there are problems with all STBs being a bit buggy, but this has gone beyond a joke. It is clearly not fit for purpose and you should probably return it. It sounds like you tried really hard to resolve it -- must be really frustrating to have a new unit do this.
    I went back to the retailer who put Jay from Humax on to me. Jay sent me a firmware update and that fixed both problems! I've only just applied the update but so far it all looks good! Just when I was about to throw in the towel on this one.

I must thank Jay for his assistance.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to countryboy For This Useful Post:

Tiny (09-10-16),tristen (08-10-16)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    I went back to the retailer who put Jay from Humax on to me. Jay sent me a firmware update and that fixed both problems! I've only just applied the update but so far it all looks good! Just when I was about to throw in the towel on this one.

I must thank Jay for his assistance.
    Excellent!! Thanks for letting us at Austech know there is a solution so we can steer people in the right direction in the future.
    really pleased for you.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    Excellent!! Thanks for letting us at Austech know there is a solution so we can steer people in the right direction in the future.
    really pleased for you.
    The box has been rock steady since I applied the firmware upgrade on the weekend. Definitely fixed those two issues.

• The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Useful Post:

tristen (10-10-16)

Thanks

Came home from work and our Humax HDR-1003S was off, and it won't turn back on. No lights, no nothing.... Its about 3 year old... Anyone else had this problem and know if it can be fixed? Had a bunch of movies recorded to watch over the low ratings period.
    Thanks!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

If it's been hot where you are, it's likely a power supply fault.... possibly electro caps.

Any swollen or leaking?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Recording addict View Post
    Came home from work and our Humax HDR-1003S was off, and it won't turn back on. No lights, no nothing.... Its about 3 year old... Anyone else had this problem and know if it can be fixed? Had a bunch of movies recorded to watch over the low ratings period.
    Thanks!
    Yes it does sound like a power failure. Bummer the 103 does not use an external PS as some other brands and some other Humax PVRs do. That said it should not be a difficult or expensive repair (assuming it is out of warranty).

About the only trick I recently learned is that every so often the red reset button needs to be used but that is nothing to do with your problem.

Let us know what happens please.

John
    Having trouble configuring the remote to control the cat

Thanks

Default The Elusive Humax TV Portal

Apologies if this has been posted before, but I'm trying to connect to the Humax TV portal by way of my Humax HDR-1003S with a Humax USB W-LAN stick which has successfully connected the STB to my home WiFi. Every time I attempt to access the TV Portal, a message comes up staying I can't connect to the network and to check my connection. When I check the connection, the STB claims that it's all fine, but it still won't connect to the TV Portal.

The manual that came with the STB devotes more room to the disclaimer about the portal than it does information, so I'm not sure what to do next.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NancyT View Post
    Apologies if this has been posted before, but I'm trying to connect to the Humax TV portal by way of my Humax HDR-1003S with a Humax USB W-LAN stick which has successfully connected the STB to my home WiFi. Every time I attempt to access the TV Portal, a message comes up staying I can't connect to the network and to check my connection. When I check the connection, the STB claims that it's all fine, but it still won't connect to the TV Portal.

The manual that came with the STB devotes more room to the disclaimer about the portal than it does information, so I'm not sure what to do next.
    Okay, weirdness: out of frustration I tried a second hard boot, which didn't make any difference. Then I decided I might as well clean behind the entertainment unit and ended up having to pull the power plug out to move the powerboard. After the third hard boot, it works. (I'm pretty sure it wasn't the removal of the dust on the powerboard that made the difference.) Third time's the charm, maybe?

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Sometimes all these devises need to be unplugged and left to sit for a period it seems.
    Because of this I wonder why most have a reset button which oft times seems only to take a place on the panel as most of the time, it has to be completely unplugged from the power outlet before resuming normal operation.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

Tiny (25-01-17),transit (25-01-17)

Thanks

Question No software update option in portal menu

I tried to update the software; but there is no software update option on the portal.
    As far as I understand, there is no USB update option for the firmware.

The 1003S was connected to the Internet via DHCP; IPs looked like what they should.
    I had to reboot the box to make it understand its network settings (as outlined elsewhere).

Any hints on how to fix this? -- would be much appreciated.

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MaxG View Post
    I tried to update the software; but there is no software update option on the portal.
    As far as I understand, there is no USB update option for the firmware.

The 1003S was connected to the Internet via DHCP; IPs looked like what they should.
    I had to reboot the box to make it understand its network settings (as outlined elsewhere).

Any hints on how to fix this? -- would be much appreciated.
    If there is no software update detected by the box, then the probability is that it has the last & latest update, so unless you can see a newer update number than what is already installed, it won't update.
    Cheers, Tiny

Thanks

Cool

Thanks...
    ... makes sense...

But the whole experience could be more explicit; e.g. rather than not showing an update menu item, simply say: your firmware is up to date.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MaxG View Post
    Thanks...
    ... makes sense...

But the whole experience could be more explicit; e.g. rather than not showing an update menu item, simply say: your firmware is up to date.
    I don't know of any brand/model satellite receiver which does that, so the Humax is no exception to the rule.

Thanks

There is a manual update available from Humax Australia to resolve a front panel touch screen sensitivity issue where it’s was getting effected by lights switching in the room causing random volume and ch changing.

The firmware is loaded onto a USB stick that is inserted into the box. Powering down the box then restarting ad pressing the volume up/down buttons on the front panel at the same time forces the Humax into upgrade mode. As hard as I have tried I have not been able to get my Humax to accept the upgrade, has anyone had any success and if so please provide instructions.

Thanks

Here is the front end firmware for the Humax VAST receiver. the instructions are specific

ONLY DO THIS UPDATE IF YOU ARE HAVING ISSUES WITH RANDOM CH AND VOLUME CHANGING. as the later version Humax have had the update already implemented.

Save this to an empty usb stick. Turn off the Humax and plug it into either USB port (front or back)
    When you power the unit on, you'll need to rapidly press the down button (multiple times) on the front panel to trigger the MICOM update. (you may want to familiarize yourself with the down button while the unit is running, the down button normally decreases the volume. it's a tricky button to press, as you have touch the outer ring an the inner touch panel at the same time)

The unit will either boot normally (in which case the update was not successful and you'll need to try again) or the TV screen will say "update 0-50" or something similar which means it's updating. Please leave it while it does this.
    You may have to try a few times for it to work as there's a very short window for the update to be triggered.

UPDATE

Last edited by cmoore; 20-04-18 at 03:31 PM.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cmoore View Post
    If anyone is having difficulty locating the file hdr1003s_upgrade.hdf PM me and I will send it to you. Unfortunately Austech no longer allow for attachments to be made to a post.
    All you need to do is upload to a file sharing site such as mega.nz and post the download link.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

cmoore (20-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    All you need to do is upload to a file sharing site such as mega.nz and post the download link.

Silly me I forgot about that.

Humax front end firmware update.

Ive just been told by Humax they will no longer support this update so do at your own risk.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cmoore For This Useful Post:

mtv (20-04-18),tristen (20-04-18)

• Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast