Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: Humax HDR-1003S Problems thread

Thanks

Have a current issue with one of these with Updating flashing on the screen all the time, never seems to update and after a while loses any reception from Sat and requires a reset to factory defaults to get it receiving again. Checked the latest versions from human website which it has.

Any ideas?

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by romaqld View Post
    Have a current issue with one of these with Updating flashing on the screen all the time, never seems to update and after a while loses any reception from Sat and requires a reset to factory defaults to get it receiving again. Checked the latest versions from human website which it has.

Any ideas?
    Well if the Human site has a latest update for your box get it put it on a USB and update the box

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    Well if the Human site has a latest update for your box get it put it on a USB and update the box
    Good luck if you can get into update mode Ive tried to update my human box with a patch to fix the front panel touch screen sensitivity for a year now and the firmware will not load via USB using the sequence they recommend.
    Last edited by cmoore; 23-10-19 at 10:59 AM.

Thanks

Default Humax scrolling channel problem 1003s

Like others I have the scrolling channels and volume bar suddenly appearing - the thing is useless. The strange thing is that it works no problem when I connect to a friends hisense P7 TV. When using my own Samsung 65 inch 3d tv I get the issues. I am thinking of getting the P7 since i like having Vast but am not sure if it is the TV? It seems very odd to me - why would a different TV fix things - I use the same cable, inputs and outputs...any ideas? anything I can do to the samsung to make it work? I have bought the altech unit but it has even worse issues - the Humax is much more professional in normal operation.
    Last edited by phil_d; 15-12-19 at 09:25 AM.

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

Just a suggestion ??? some tvs put out 5v on pin 18 of the hdmi cable some settop boxes do the same so when they are connected together the voltages are slightly different (4.8v-5.2v) this causes the conflict and explains the flashing screen and other problems so thats a starting point for you , Cheers don

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hinekadon View Post
    Just a suggestion ??? some tvs put out 5v on pin 18 of the hdmi cable some settop boxes do the same so when they are connected together the voltages are slightly different (4.8v-5.2v) this causes the conflict and explains the flashing screen and other problems so thats a starting point for you , Cheers don
    Thanks, sounds like it is something to do with the HDmi plug. Is there any connector or something that might address this?

Banned

Thanks

no . its a suggestion to basis your faultfinding on I have come across this problem with the same symptoms before , if you dont have a multi-meter and be prepared to attempt finding the fault with a little electronic understanding . You have to check the stb to see if there is volts on the pin then check the tv to verify the voltages are the same if not then theres the problem that you have to fix ???

Banned

Thanks

this is what you need to get over your problems Don

Thanks

I changed tv to a hisense p7 from a samsung - no problems since. Sold the rubbish altech and back to using the humax. great!

• The Following User Says Thank You to phil_d For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (17-01-20)

Thanks

Update on humax volume changing issue....the P7 worked for a while but now has the same issue. Seems this is is unsolvable issue - no wonder humax deserted australia. Should do a class action or something. How can a modern company get away with this with all the consumer laws.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Coast View Post
    On several occasions now, I have scheduled a program to be recorded and then I get a "could not track" error message when I go to play it later. I think this only happens when the unit is recording 2 channels at once (not sure).
    7 years later, I still have the same unit, and it still has this problem!

And BTW, no firmware updates since 6, SEP 2014. Ugh.

Thanks

Actually my humax has ended up working well with my hisense p7 tv. It maybe was a problem with the Samsung 3d tv I was using. No problems now with channel changes or volume control issues. I wonder if it was the HDmi plug on the Samsung that caused the issues. The humax is still the best satellite pvr I think...unfortunately
    Last edited by phil_d; 08-08-20 at 09:28 PM.

Thanks

My humax 1003s vast receiver also has the afformentioned HDMI handshaking problem too. It got to the point now that I've bought the most recent SatKing DVBS2-980CA as my primary, and the 1003s out in the gamesroom hooked into an old CRT tv.

My son threw the remote about 2 years ago and it's finally fully died. I really need another. Does anyone know if you can still get them?
    Edit: its a Humax RM-105U and they're around online.
    Last edited by kabammi; 25-10-20 at 04:48 PM.

• Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516