Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Humax HDR-1003S Problems thread

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VastSatUser View Post
    With improvements to PVR signal mapping in this firmware release did you notice whether the signal level indicated for each tuner shown on the signal level indicator in the setup menu change?
    Do the tuners now indicate that they have a similar signal levels or is there still a 30% difference indicated?
    I am overseas at present and can not download the new firmware update, install then check the tuner levels.
    Given that the Humax PVR uses an integrated dual tuner module, and work around solutions like that provided by UEC are not possible, I am hoping that new firmware offers a solution.
    That difference in signal strength between the two tuners is a new one to me and does not appear to have caused any reception problems.

But to answer your question - no, the new firmware has not improved it and there is still appears to be a significant difference in strength (but not quality) between the two tuners. But is it real? These PVR strength meters are not generally regarded as very accurate so the observed difference in these display meters might be a reflection of the way they are set up in the software rather than any real or significant difference. A comment from Humax on this would be helpful.

But I must retract my earlier finding that deletion of files no longer requires viewing them. What appears to have happened is that the new firmware enables files recorded earlier to be deleted BUT anything recorded using the new firmware needs to be played, even if only for a second, before it can be deleted. I find this irritating and it is the only recorder where I have struck this feature.

John
    Having trouble configuring the remote to control the cat

Thanks

My Humax HDR-1003S is continuously advising on the front display that it is "UPDATING DATA..." when the PVR is in standby mode.
    The display alternates between displaying the clock and "UPDATING DATA..." at a half second rate.
    I've tried disconnecting the IP connection and restoring settings to factory default but to no benefit.
    I searched the setup menus for anything new added by the recent firmware update but it all looks much the same as before and I can not find a setting that relates to updating that is not greyed out.
    I searched the web and found a reference from several years ago to a UK released Humax PVR where "UPDATING DATA..." occurred on the display when the EPG was caching information, the link indicated that this was due to a firmware bug which was scheduled to be fixed.
    I've emailed Humax support but have not received a reply after several days.

Is anyone else seeing "UPDATING DATA.." flashing up on their HDR-1003S display?

Thanks

Default Resubmitted reply

Quote Originally Posted by VastSatUser View Post
    My Humax HDR-1003S is continuously advising on the front display that it is "UPDATING DATA..." when the PVR is in standby mode.
    The display alternates between displaying the clock and "UPDATING DATA..." at a half second rate.
    I've tried disconnecting the IP connection and restoring settings to factory default but to no benefit.
    I searched the setup menus for anything new added by the recent firmware update but it all looks much the same as before and I can not find a setting that relates to updating that is not greyed out.
    I searched the web and found a reference from several years ago to a UK released Humax PVR where "UPDATING DATA..." occurred on the display when the EPG was caching information, the link indicated that this was due to a firmware bug which was scheduled to be fixed.

I've emailed Humax support but have not received a reply after several days.

Is anyone else seeing "UPDATING DATA.." flashing up on their HDR-1003S display?
    Sorry for the messed up reply before - cannot see how to edit posts so resubmitted this

That is a new one to me. Neither of the two VAST Humax PVRs here have done that.

It does sound as if the firmware has become corrupted but a factory default would normally fix that. Have you tried powering it down and removing the power connection for say 10 minutes? This will often "cure" a PC fault as it allows condensers to discharge and the unit to start again from scratch. And of course all these PVRs are mini computers which can suffer the same problems as PCs.

You do not mention about other behaviour - is it receiving and recording as normal otherwise?

Try contacting James Kim at Humax ygkim@humaxdigital.com if still in trouble. He is a helpful guy but give him full details of other behaviour to help him pinpoint the problem.

John.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tassie Devil For This Useful Post:

Tiny (19-11-13),tristen (19-11-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tassie Devil View Post
    Sorry for the messed up reply before - cannot see how to edit posts so resubmitted this

That is a new one to me. Neither of the two VAST Humax PVRs here have done that.

It does sound as if the firmware has become corrupted but a factory default would normally fix that. Have you tried powering it down and removing the power connection for say 10 minutes? This will often "cure" a PC fault as it allows condensers to discharge and the unit to start again from scratch. And of course all these PVRs are mini computers which can suffer the same problems as PCs.

You do not mention about other behaviour - is it receiving and recording as normal otherwise?

Try contacting James Kim at Humax ygkim@humaxdigital.com if still in trouble. He is a helpful guy but give him full details of other behaviour to help him pinpoint the problem.

John.
    The HDR-1003S is receiving and recording normally, no problems in that regard, just the constantly flashing "UPDATING DATA..." on the PVR display.
    I contacted Jay at Humax Support and he suggested a factory reset of the HDR-1003S.
    I had already tried resetting the PVR ( plus disconnecting IP and powering off for 24 hours ) but tried it a second time with the same outcome, still flashing "UPDATING DATA...".
    I emailed the result to Humax but have not received a reply advising on any further actions.

I searched the net for any instance of "UPDATING DATA..." on an Humax PVR and found the text below on a German web site.
    "UPDATING DATA..." on the display related to a Humax product which I believe is called iCable that attaches to PVRs and Humax Support advised they had a workaround for the problem.
    I believe that the "UPDATING DATA..." indication on my PVR started after I created a login on the myHumax web site and entered the registration code provided by the PVR under the Humax TV Portal.
    The idea was to be able to use the web to set up the record timer on the PVR remotely, unfortunately after registering and performing the setup procedure the myHumax web page stated that the HDR-1003S does not support this function even though it did acknowledge it connected with the HDR-1003S, and the Humax TV Portal on the HDR-1003S had my login identity that required a PIN number, user chosen on the myHumax web page, to activate.

I guess it is now a waiting game to see if I get a reply from Humax Support.

VastSatUser

Holger Dischereit Now I have the problem that no longer shuts down the device. After the software update only "Updating Data"! How do we go from here??
    27th January 2012 at 06:30 ·1

Katrin Pietsch why is the "updating data .." not go away

Klaus Rietzschel I downloaded the latest update, updating Dat still there, without request from Humax reply

Klaus Rietzschel error updating Dat resolved judge success; Humax has sent me an email with instructions on troubleshooting.

myHUMAX Until the soon-coming software update for the Cable can the "UPDATING DATA phenomenon" fix with specific settings in the menu:

- Set the device to the "Original factory default" back (Menu -> Settings -> Installation -> Factorypurulent default)

- Activate the remote programming. (Menu -> Settings -> System -> Preferences remote programming)

- Now insert the EPG update time fixed, which is in the near future. (Menu -> Settings -> System -> IP EPG update time)

- Turn off the power now to standby. After the specified update time + 60 minutes you can restart the unit.

Moreover, please check whether the current software version is installed 107. A firmware update is only possible via the HUMAX TV Portal and a wired LAN connection.
    2 May 2012 at 12:49 ·1

Thanks

John.
    The "UPDATING DATA..." issue is solved.
    Humax Support advised to reformat the HDD, "UPDATING DATA..." is normal on the display of the HDR-1003S but should not be continuously displayed.
    Selecting format HDD as part of the factory reset menu option did not in fact reformat the HDD, all previously recorded programs of the HDD still remained.
    I reformatted the HDD via another menu option then performed a factory reset.
    All now looks good.

• The Following User Says Thank You to VastSatUser For This Useful Post:

Tiny (04-12-13)

Thanks

Default Favourites Setup ?

Hi Guys.

Can anyone confirm that a Favourites channel lineup be created with the humax vast pvr?.
    The reason I ask is I find the channel numbering and location of the various Vast services to be all over the
    Place.. it would be awesome to create a personal favourites listing.

Also, how have users found the humax tuner sensitivity to be ?.
    I'm located in Nz and have currently got a uec 4121 running which to date has performed
    Pretty good considering my signal levels.

Would be good yo know people's opinions.

Cheers
    Ren

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rentakill View Post
    Hi Guys.

Can anyone confirm that a Favourites channel lineup be created with the humax vast pvr?.
    The reason I ask is I find the channel numbering and location of the various Vast services to be all over the
    Place.. it would be awesome to create a personal favourites listing.

Also, how have users found the humax tuner sensitivity to be ?.
    I'm located in Nz and have currently got a uec 4121 running which to date has performed
    Pretty good considering my signal levels.

Would be good yo know people's opinions.

Cheers
    Ren
    I have not seriously used the channel Favourites option but tried it last night, seems to work well.
    The HDR-1003S has several discrete Favourite divisions in which you can store various combinations of channel allocations.
    Mostly I use the EPG and search for programs in time bands regardless of channel.

I own a UEC 4121 and a Humax HDR-1003S and have had little problem in terms of front end sensitivity.
    Both units offer a menu option to monitor signal strength and signal quality but I have assumed that the units used are arbitrary.
    Signal strength indication on my system has both PVRs indicating >90% signal strength and >95% signal quality.
    The Humax is dual tuner and the second tuner indicates a much lower signal strength than the primary, Humax support have advised that this is normal.
    I am currently updating my dish and LNB, the new LNB is manufactured by Sharp and has 2DB greater gain than my previous LNB.
    Maybe if you are low in signal strength a top performing LNB and larger dish might get you across the line.

• The Following User Says Thank You to VastSatUser For This Useful Post:

Rentakill (12-12-13)

Thanks

Hi VastSatUser.

Thanks for your reply - Just what i was after. It will be good to create my own list of favourites to edit out the channels i dont have Authorisation for.
    I've got a Humax on Order, so hopefully shortly after Christmas i should have it.
    My current installation for VAST is a 3.8M Dish, running a Quad Invacomm LNB.
    Prior to installing the Invaccom i was using a Single MTi Lnb, which was brilliant.
    The invacomm would perform on about a par with the Mti.

Once again, Thanks for your reply.

Cheers:

Thanks

Ironically, I'm probably going to have to buy a Humax 1003S for myself soon (the one I was reviewing in this thread belonged to my landlord).

The notorious "cannot track" error I was getting on every 4th or 5th scheduled recording does not seem to affect many (any?) other users, so it's probably because of the lousy antenna guy who serviced the unit (cough*J__'s Antennas*cough) and on one occasion refocussed it (badly) on the satellite after the ex-cyclone last January dislodged it.

I guess I'll have to pin my hopes on (a) a new model coming out before my Foxtel subscription runs out and I have to buy a VAST PVR unit or (b) failing that, a bug-fix firmware update.
    Last edited by Sunshine Coast; 25-12-13 at 08:31 AM.

Thanks

Hi Guys.

Have received my Humax, and so far haven't had any luck with getting it to load the Vast services - My Location is in Nz.

Prior to the Humax I have been running a UEC 4121 with good results via 3.8M Dish
    Signal levels are not high, but stable enough to give me pictures.

The Humax possibly may have a not so sensitive tuner when compared to the UEC

The only query I have is I am using the Humax with a Invacomm quad output Universal 9750/10600 LNB.
    The Humax LNB setup menu doesn't actually directly support a Universal Ku LNB, but I have set it up on 10600 with 22Khz switching on - Which should work for C1 services.

Has anyone else used the Humax with a Universal KU ?
    Also, does the latest firmware release possibly resolve this setting selection ?
    My Humax is currently loaded with AUSIAA1.00.14

Could someone possibly point me in the direction for the latest Firmware update, or is it OTA via C1/D3 ?

Cheers:

Thanks

Default Constant volume bar

Here is an interesting one... I bought a Humax HDR-1003S Vast box, put it on an existing system. Every seemed to start perfectly but after a few minutes the volume bar appeared across the screen, set at zero volume. If I press TV on the remote, none of the other buttons function at all. I can't even switch off. If I press PVR on the remote, I can use the other buttons. I can also increase the volume, right up to max, but as soon as I take my thumb off the button, the volume declines back to zero and the bar stays there.

I checked cables etc and switched where I could, turned everything apart from the TV (GVA G50HDPL1 via HDMI cable), but nothing changed. So my supplier checked the box in his shop - everything fine. Took it home - same problem. The supplier came to check and told me to come to his shop for a replacement box. Installed that and - here's the interesting bit - exactly the same thing happened. Both the supplier and I are stumped.

Any suggestions? They would be very welcome.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 Times in 929 Posts

I have no knowledge of the unit, but wonder if it has front panel controls for on/off, channel up/down, volume etc?

If it does, how does it behave without using the remote?

Could it be something like the remote using rf and you have something else in the house using the same frequency.

Just stabbing in the dark here...

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

You got a neighbor with a universal remote that's tuned to your decoders IR frequency & he's messing with your head.

Seriously though, since both box's do this at your place & not at the Retailers shop, then it seems like a IR frequency problem.

Something to try out to eliminate the source, take the batteries out of all remotes in your house, then use the volume control on the decoder if it has one, if not put the batteries in the Humax remote then turn the volume up & while holding the up volume button remove the batteries so it cant turn the volume down again just in case it is the Humax remote that is stuck or faulty.
    If the problem reoccurs with no remotes being powered then you will need an expert to track the source of the interference.

Edit: forgot the next bit, oops.

Now if the volume stayed up with all the remotes battery free, then put the batteries in each one until the problem one shows up. Then hide it.
    Last edited by Tiny; 16-01-14 at 01:32 PM.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 Times in 929 Posts

Also, to check your remote to see if a button is stuck, all you need to do is grab a camera, a phone, a tablet etc, and put either in camera/video made.Look at the digital display of what you are using, and point your remote at the camera. If you see a white light blink on/off in your display...there is a button stuck. If not, with camera pointing at end of remote, press a button and see if the remote pulses a white light at you in the display...if so, it is working.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    You got a neighbor with a universal remote that's tuned to your decoders IR frequency & he's messing with your head.

Seriously though, since both box's do this at your place & not at the Retailers shop, then it seems like a IR frequency problem.

Something to try out to eliminate the source, take the batteries out of all remotes in your house, then use the volume control on the decoder if it has one, if not put the batteries in the Humax remote then turn the volume up & while holding the up volume button remove the batteries so it cant turn the volume down again just in case it is the Humax remote that is stuck or faulty.
    If the problem reoccurs with no remotes being powered then you will need an expert to track the source of the interference.

Edit: forgot the next bit, oops.

Now if the volume stayed up with all the remotes battery free, then put the batteries in each one until the problem one shows up. Then hide it.
    Thanks for that suggestion, and I will give it a try this evening. Should have added that the new units I brought home and tried each came with its own remote, so the problem most likely lies within my house...

Thanks

No - it didn't work. The volume still declines without batteries in any of the remotes, including the Humax one. So there must be an extraneous command reaching the unit (?) Cannot think where it might be coming from. Tried turning of the Wifi which shouldn't make any difference, and in fact didn't.

Thanks

Another negative test. I increased the volume to max and, without taking my finger off the button, covered the front of the unit with a piece of card so it could not 'see' the remote. The volume immediately declined. I guess that means that whatever is telling the unit to screw around is not doing it through the IR sensor (?)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ericge View Post
    Another negative test. I increased the volume to max and, without taking my finger off the button, covered the front of the unit with a piece of card so it could not 'see' the remote. The volume immediately declined. I guess that means that whatever is telling the unit to screw around is not doing it through the IR sensor (?)
    VERY odd. Have you contacted Humax about this?

Jay at hauservice@humaxdigital.com

and James at ygkim@humaxdigital.com

John

Thanks

VERY odd. Have you contacted Humax about this?

Jay at hauservice@humaxdigital.com

and James at ygkim@humaxdigital.com

John
    Thanks for that. Will definitely do that immediately after lunch...

Thanks

Supplier/installer is offering a SatKing unit as a replacement, but that unit cannot record. He says he is confident the Satking will work without problems.

Have contacted Jay at Humax Digital in Australia but he wants to talk to the installer who (understandably because the problem is not caused by his gear) does not want to bother with Humax.

On top of that, it now week-end, which we Aussies take very seriously, so I am left twiddling my thumbs for a couple of days.

• Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast