Quote Originally Posted by ericge View Post
Here is an interesting one... I bought a Humax HDR-1003S Vast box, put it on an existing system. Every seemed to start perfectly but after a few minutes the volume bar appeared across the screen, set at zero volume. If I press TV on the remote, none of the other buttons function at all. I can't even switch off. If I press PVR on the remote, I can use the other buttons. I can also increase the volume, right up to max, but as soon as I take my thumb off the button, the volume declines back to zero and the bar stays there.

I checked cables etc and switched where I could, turned everything apart from the TV (GVA G50HDPL1 via HDMI cable), but nothing changed. So my supplier checked the box in his shop - everything fine. Took it home - same problem. The supplier came to check and told me to come to his shop for a replacement box. Installed that and - here's the interesting bit - exactly the same thing happened. Both the supplier and I are stumped.

Any suggestions? They would be very welcome.
I also have this problem but only worse. as well as the above I am a grey nomad so in some camp sites unit works great, next camp it will do as above plus at time it will start rolling through the channels at other time it will turn itself off. Each of these problems is always proceded by the volume bar appearing and setting itself to zero. At other times it will have me rescan for tv channels which results in after a couple of weeks of doing this I end up with a swag of abc channel2 1 2 3 for each state plus sbs 1 2 3 so I than have to delete all channels and rescan.
This happens in probable 50% of the camps I've been in in QLD NSW VIC SA and TAS.

Has anybody got any further suggestion, I have tried all of whats been suggested so far

Regards Cracka