Thread: How to remove startup chime from Soniq tv

Thanks

Default How to remove startup chime from Soniq tv

How to remove startup chime from Soniq tv (this is my first post so I’m submitting to the Intro site)

1. Go to Menu
    2. Scroll across to Sound Option
    3. Scroll down to Power on music
    4. Arrow down and press OK to select Off

Many thanks to steveandnadine and best wishes to freds, kcsoft, Tech City Senior Member and the other contributors to Soniq and other forums for helping me in this. My Soniq is very good and I was aware that most thin screened tvs sacrificed sound quality. Maybe we haven’t got the technology yet to have good sound, but I suspect that someone’s working on that right now.

So I took my 2 very old cheap speakers from my computer cupboard (they are attached and only have the one green speaker prong which is just what is needed) and plugged it into to tv headphone/speaker socket. They have a volume control and an on/off switch. The speakers now overide the tv sound. Of course the sound isn’t the same quality as say an entertainment speaker system costing hundreds of dollars, but are very good and mellow compared with (any) thin screen tv speakers.

I then rescued a power ‘killer switch’ that I had put away when I was upgraded to those new free power reducing switches. I plugged in the remote master to a spare power socket and the remote slave operates and surpassingly works independently from the tv remote. So I can now switch on the Soniq tv, (no chime), set the tv to ‘mute’ and when I want sound, switch the speakers on via the speaker remote. We have this tv in the bedroom, so I have the controls and it’s easy to mute unwanted adverts and switch on the speakers when I want to hear. Hopefully this is especially useful to freds and his missus.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bridges edward For This Useful Post:

viewer (03-06-13)

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Welcome bridges edward Your thread has been moved to the Digital Terrestrial forum with a redirect left here, as it would not be of any value to anyone as they would be unlikely to find it here. This forum is simply to introduce yourself and say hello.

Well, it was You are now in the Digital Terrestrial forum which covers television.