Thread: Original DS flash carts

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Default Original DS flash carts

Hey all,

total NOOB when it comes to all things DS.

Picked up a DS (non-lite version) and just wondering what cart to get that will support it and allow us to play downloaded games, got plenty of games but no clue what to get etc..

TAI for any info (missus will be pleased if I suss this out for her)

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Any Slot 1 based card should be fine with the DS Fattie. I use an R4 and havent had any problems with it (doesn't support SDHC though). Dont get an expansion pack as it wont fit in the DS-Fat, but all the slot 1 cards should just work fine.

CycloDS is another good one, a lot of people use the DSTT card and are happy with it. Hey even Ozchips might be able to help you out
    Coding in C is like sending a 3 year old to do groceries. You gotta tell them exactly what you want or you'll end up with a cupboard full of pop tarts and pancake mix.

Thanks

R4 or TT is what is getting around now works on both Original and the new Lite, not like the old days
    They are cheap also, swap meets in melb are selling them with a 2gig micro sandisk card for $40-45

With both you drag & drop the nds files and if newer games come out you download the newer system files (1-2meg) from the cards web site to allow the newer games to run, systems files also drag and drop onto the card, very very easy nowadays, no need to worry about flash-me or pass-me, like the old M3 adaptors & cards

Thanks

I just got the R4 & it's great.
    Very easy to use, has a simple file/directory structure just like your PC, just drag the game folder to the memory card, put it back into your DS & play the game.

I believe the TTDS works the same way, I'm waiting on that one to arrive it's going into the other DS, price of them certainly won't break the bank.

Cheers

Thanks

Just thought it would add my 2cents.

The Supercard has had a big price drop, and is close to the same price as DSTT or R4, the good thing about Supercard is that it has real time save support for one, also comes in a nice case and has a quality MicroSDHC reader.

If I myself had to choose between, DSTT, R4 DS or Supercard, I would take the Supercard for sure.
    R4 DS The R4 DS is the most popular flash card on the market
    AceKard 2i AceKard 2i Is the Best DSi Flash Card
    CycloDS Evolution CycloDS Is the most feature packed card around
    DSTT TTDS DSTT does what you need at the lowest price