Thread: Ness D8/D16 Alarm System Not Ready light

Thanks

Default Ness D8/D16 Alarm System Not Ready light

Hi, I have a Ness D8/D16 Alarm System. The control Panel has the following:
    1 no icons displayed
    2 Not Ready light always on
    3 The siren gives a small chirp every now and then

If I press and hold E the icons are displayed and disappear when I let go.
    Please advise how I can fix
    Thanks
    David M

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Default Re: Ness D8/D16 Alarm System Not Ready light

Try pressing the' enter' or 'E' button. If it chirps then u probably need to check the error messages or get a tech in to check it

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks

Try checking the System Memory, by pressing the memory button.
    It will most likely tell you why this LED is on.

Thanks

I have had a similar problem ever since install of a brand new unit late 2014.
    Ness D8 with 2 WIRED PIR sensors and a Ness KPX keypad. Pretty simple install by the look of things.

- Not Ready LED (red) is always on.
    - KPX display has Zones 1 2 always showing. Despite any moving objects being in the zones! (I'm not sure if this is normal)

- The PIR's each flash red as they should whenever something passes within their field of view.

- When I attempt to arm the alarm the panel immediately shows "(Padlock 1) Armed" at top of the display but after the 1 minute exit delay a "Zone Exclude" icon is displayed as well at the bottom.
    - Then if I walk into the path of either sensor while alarm is armed, in an attempt to trigger them. After I wait the 20 second alarm delay, the alarm is NOT triggered.
    NOTE - 1 of the 2 PIR sensors is directed at the Keypad, so I have even tried covering this with a baseball cap when arming the alarm.. This doesn't make any difference whatsoever.

Pressing the 'Memory' button does nothing other than a beep. Holding it does down nothing either other than a beep.

I have called the installer and explained the scenario but they just say they will call back to organise a time to rectify. They never actually call back. Very frustrating.
    I have read over the installers guide. I'm pretty sure it was never initiated by the installer. I have even tried a factory reset, which doesn't make any difference either.

Oh and the battery backup is installed and functional.

Could I be missing something really simple?

Thanks for any assistance.

Last edited by its_tricky83; 22-11-15 at 05:18 PM.

Thanks

Hi Tricky,

My initial thoughts would be the common wire for both the PIRS has come out of the terminal block (they share the same common input) this would explain why they both are not sealing and not going into alarm when the system is armed.

If you feel inclined you could open up the main control box, mindful the tamper will go off, but you just need to in your code in to stop it. On the main PCB see if you have any loose wires in the first 'C' terminal.

This may help
    Last edited by AdRock; 22-11-15 at 10:51 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to AdRock For This Useful Post:

MCman (23-11-15)

Thanks

As Adrock suggests, Sounds like a wiring fault. Essentially its working and power is getting to PIRs but the signal wires are not connected correctly. Most likely the wires were never in correctly and just sitting in or under the terminal instead of being screwed in.

Thanks

Webspin and tricky, Did you have any success? I have a similar problem. My zones are lit up all the time on the kpx keypad and the not ready light is on. When arming I have an exclude zone which is the entry zone. Despite all this if I walk in whilst armed the alarm goes off. Could it be the fact that the wires from the detectors when wired into the back of the control panel are wired in tandem with resistors? Any help would be appreciated . Thanks
    Last edited by Wiggo; 08-06-16 at 04:58 PM.

Thanks

yes, theres lots of different scenarios with the way they are wired to give you a fault.
    As the first point of call, you should get your installer back, its a very simple wiring issue and if not ring our tech support number and we'll try to help or we can get in touch to the installer.
    If these are new installs then the installer is still responsible under warranty, if the issue has arisen lately after years installed then there come be a range of issues such as a broken or chewed wire etc.
    If the panel is auto-excluding 1 minute after arming, and/or always on when disarmed and nobody is in the room, then those zones are no longer working and need to be fixed.